• This topic has 302 replies, 114 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 303 total)
  • Talkemada – Blocked
  • Harry_the_Spider

Already? Is that some sort of personal best?

Pigface
    Free Member

What did he do this time?

Moses

Why?
    I haven't seen anything special he's written recently…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yesterday it happened. According to him he has had no explanation of why by the mods and as far as I saw he did nothing that was any worse than many STWers.

GrahamS

Really?

Blimey that didn't take long. I thought he was doing a pretty good job of behaving himself this time.

psychle
    Free Member

they will re-ban folk who are obviously returned bannee's won't they?

'tis a shame, I like Fred 🙂

Drac

Maybe this rule

Any attempt to circumvent any suspension by re-registering or using the account of another forum user could result in a lifetime ban from the forum.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

only if it's a life time ban

not many of them get handed out i don't think

the prawn got one

jimmy

well done, fred

*slow clap*

Drac

Well he's be banned several times now under different accounts so once they know it's him they seem to ban him again.

tron
    Free Member

Any attempt to circumvent any suspension by re-registering or using the account of another forum user could result in a lifetime ban from the forum.

I can't see how that would actually be done. You'd have to play whack-a-mole every time the bannee re-registered and started spouting off.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That is such a shame – I enjoy discussing/arguing/contradicting with him – he might be a bit outspoken at times but he is clearly intelligent and able to hold his own.

theflatboy
    Free Member

think you might be witnessing it in action, tron. 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

psychle – Member

they will re-ban folk who are obviously returned bannee's won't they?

Drac – Member

Maybe this rule

Well in that case Ton should be banned – got banned under the name of Bombadillo for being racist.

AdamG registered with another name after being banned, there are many others.

DezB
    Free Member

It was quite fun while it lasted.

Drac

I can't see how that would actually be done.

Some people are easy to spot in their persona's so just a case of waiting until they give themselves away, then there's IP bans.

kimbers

jesus the torys only been in a few days and theyre taking out the lefties already

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up."

*im not sure what category fred fell into

cynic-al
    Free Member

It's been known for a while – seems odd to me.

Drac

Well in that case Ton should be banned – got banned under the name of Bombadillo for being racist.

AdamG registered with another name after being banned, there are many others.

There is and they seem to have given them a chance and since have behaved. Fred has always been a bit destructive in his other names. This time I'd say he's just been a bit of an arse at times, I never seen anything bad but they had banned him.

On top of that it says 'could' not will.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Surely they are banning the person, not the "user name"? If the person comes back with another user name but continues to be a knob then he/she would be banned as soon as it was discovered. That's how I understand it anyway.

🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It's OK, he's full time occupied arguing about Photoshop with me by email 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

thought he wasm much better this tim ena more well behave dthan before. I liked his contributions and dont fully agree with the decision.
    I suspect he got many many warnings in previous lifes and they just cannot be bothered with him this time…shame as it clear who he is

TJ Ton is not a racist IMHO I know him off forum. Not sure what he posted up though as Bombadillo but he does occasionally say things for a reaction.

donsimon
    Free Member

Isn't there a general bad feeling between the powers that be and Fred? If I remember there were some personal comment made about him?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Point taken Drac and I do understand that is is Mark and cos playground not a democracy but to me this stinks – unpleasant racists get allowed to stay on the forum a stroppy get that fights these unpleasant people gets banned.

Its smacks of favouritism and unfairness.

I bet this thread does not last much longer.

backhander
    Free Member

Didn't a recent thread get locked down because he got a bit excited/defensive/abusive?
    It's their website, they can do what they want I suppose….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Junkyard – he has loads of previous and used another name to post racist stuff. To get a reaction or not it is unnacepatable

Drac

IIRC Ton sent an email apologising to the mods and explaining his mistake, Fred always just provoked them more in his childish manner he often has.

backhander
    Free Member

Wasn't tons thread supposed to be a wind up? (not excusing it, just can't remember)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up."

*im not sure what category fred fell into

They came for him because he was a dick
    I didn't speak for him because I'm not a dick and can't be bothered with dicks
    That was the last I of him or them

tails
    Free Member

The problem with fred in my opinion is he just talks to much, if i come on the forum at 6am he's on here equally at lunch time or in the evening he is on here. He seems alright but he does ruin some topics. Think he should allow himself 3 hours a day and actually go do other stuff.

aracer
    Free Member

Ton … does occasionally say things for a reaction.

You'll have to point out to me a post of his where he isn't doing that!

Drac

stroppy get that fights these unpleasant people gets banned.

To be fair he was a very obnoxious at times to other users and loved to play the racist card. When the mods would warn him his attitude towards them was terrible at times when all he had to do was stop.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was not particularly singling ton out – there are many others who have been banned under one name and return under another and who have been banned for worse breaches that being an annoying little git.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Tandem, I think if you're going to call someone racist, you ought to explain yourself. We only have your word for it otherwise, and you could have misinterpreted or misunderstood what he/she wrote.

I don't care one way or the other. Just saying.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

'bombadillo', aka ton, posted some stuff which appeared to defend nick griffin and the bnp at the time of his appearance on question time. I am proud to have called him a 'nazi cock monkey' during this unfortunate episode. :P. Fred was (apparently) banned for calling someone a 'little ponce' during a debate over football – dont know whether this is a temporary or permanent measure, but as has been previously stated, there are far more objectionable people still posting on here, and I for one am proud to call fred a mate and hope to see him back, in whatever guise, asap.

Drac

Tails I think that is part of the problem too, he deliberately buts into threads with is strong opinions just for the hell of it. Adding nothing useful to the forum and trying to make trouble it would seem.

What ever the reason it's their call and once again people are trying to defend him when the mods aren't going to change their minds.

Junkyard
    Free Member

there was one I recall about 3 years ago.
    TJ he can defend himself over what he posts I never saw the racist stuff so cannot comment but he aint one in the real world. He does like winding up PC liberal do goooders and we do occasionally make it very easy for him to rattle our cage so to speak.

Yes Fred did e-mail STW towers frequently which probably did not help matters.
    How about giving him a twitter style account limited number of charachters and limited number of posts? Nothing about football either he was highly offensive on those threads

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dorset Knob – as you can see others remember Ton making racist posts – I would have to search Tons posts and his posts as bombadillo to find them.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure thgere will be a lot more going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy too…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You'll have to point out to me a post of his where he isn't doing that!

+1

He gets away with a lot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 303 total)

The topic ‘Talkemada – Blocked’ is closed to new replies.