Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Talk to me about……Spinergy PBO wheels
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Like the look of these but cant seem to find a review and i dont think we cam get them over here anymore. They look very pimp with the white spokes and they claim to be the same weight as mavic crossmax sl's but 5 times stronger due to these fancy spokes. A mate works out in the states and could bring me over a set for around $450 but i'd like some opinions before parting with the cash. anyone? thanks in advance.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Had a set of Spinergy's some years ago, with the PBO spokes. Strong & light, never broke a spoke, but they do feel a bit flexy when cornering hard. Not that much different to a lightweight rim on Rev spokes though. Not noticeable for steady XC though, although the PBO spokes do seem to soften the ride on a hardtail.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

singletrackbiker – cheers for that! 😉

letmetalktomark

I run a radially laced Spinergy Spox R1 from many moons ago on the front of one of my bikes.

There is lots of carbon and plastic bits (accountable for the 660g weight)but the wheel has never faltered after many years of use. Plus I weight 100kg 😈

The newer one (if I had the money) would be a definate option when considering new wheels.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

letmetalktomark – thats retroblingtastic, reminds me of the pulstar hubs (remember those?) lovely looking wheel dude 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about……Spinergy PBO wheels’ is closed to new replies.