• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Talk to me about TV’s
  • matt_outandabout

One of the oab_boys is old enough to have TV in room shortly.

His room is small, only room for a 32″ maximum TV. There isn’t really a place for a separate box, so we need a built in TV one mounted on wall.
    He wants to play PlayStation and watch TV.
    We have Freesat – I know a another TV means new LNB thing.
    Does he need Freesat, or can all these things be streamed?
    What else do I need to look at in TV’s? A wander around curries today showed me that most TV’s are the size of a wall, cost as much as a car and have more acronyms than a Boeing….

molgrips
    Free Member

Buy a cheap one.

Drac

Samsung or LG.

iainc

Ours, at 12 and 16 have TVs but seem to only game on them, both 32 inch ones I think. Main one in living room is a 60 and does all the Sky stuff, and Netflix etc and that’s where most of the viewing happens.

I’m not too interested though do enjoy my hour a week of Countryfile in HD and woofer soundbar or whatever it is … 😜

I recently ordered an 86 inch one for work, the kids want one too, but that’s not gonnna happen ! I did take a picture of the big Sony box to annoy them though 😂

jekkyl

TV’s what?

gauss1777
    Free Member

TVs last so long and people are too impatient to wait to upgrade, there must be loads available second hand.

unovolo
    Free Member

If he is mainly going to use it for gaming you might be better with a large monitor and wireless headphones, or find a monitor with built in speakers and you could add a firestick for streaming content.

jam-bo

I have that one ^^^. It’s good. Think I paid about £10 more at Argos but it’s closer to me than the nearest richer sounds. I only use mine for streaming tv.

TiRed

Don’t. That would be my advice. If it’s for gaming, but a monitor instead. I believe tv should be communal. YouTube is for phones.

matt_outandabout

I believe tv should be communal.

I do too.
    But as they turn 17 and 18, it’s thier choice that they are responsible for.

DezB
    Free Member

Impressed with my Samsung. You have to turn off all the ads though, which is a bit annoying- maybe the same with most brands. Second hand is a good idea for a 32”.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about TV’s’ is closed to new replies.