Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Talk to me about Sigur Ros………
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Mrs Sox heard the 6Music live thingy and has fallen in love with ’em.
    What’s their best/most accessible album(s), as I’m not familiar with them?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

by far the best album is Agaetis Byrjun

Stoner
    Free Member

hmm, I like Takk.
    Mainly for hopipolla though 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

I had some on at my wedding. People were not impressed 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

This is great
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbPWi1gshzI[/video]

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

listening to them now thanks OP taking me back to a life I used to have ! Fantastic headphones on LOUD

bigjim

early albums are the best. they are much better live though, definitely worth seeing live if you can.

matthewjb
    Free Member

by far the best album is Agaetis Byrjun

It’s probably where I would suggest starting. But Takk and () are also good.

Takk will be familiar if you’ve ever watched any BBC documentary.

Northwind

I love (), Takk might be a better starting point though if only because the songs have bloomin names so you can tell them apart.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

its the music that babies are made to…by accident…

takisawa2

Med sud I eyrum splum endelaust is my favourite album.

Fljotavik, is a good track. Festival is used in the film where that chap cuts off his own arm.

My Mrs can’t stand them. 😐

matthewjb
    Free Member

I love (), Takk might be a better starting point though if only because the songs have bloomin names so you can tell them apart.

At least they left some blank pages in the CD booklet for you to write them in once you’ve decided what they are.

justinbieber

Agaetis Byrjun, then (), then the latest Kveikur. All played very loud.

Takk does nothing for me – it’s just too commercial/overplayed

Stoner
    Free Member

justinbieber

I see what you did there…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The video for Svefn G Englar (from Magnolia IIRC) is a work of art. Watch it if you haven’t before.

athgray
    Free Member

I have Takk but not completely convinced. Just not quite my cup of tea. A bit slow for my liking.

justinbieber

@athgray – Takk is the dullest of their albums. Try the others mentioned, and see how you get on.

RichPenny
    Free Member

() is my favourite, not sure it could be described as accessible compared to any of their other albums though. Agree about them being amazing live. The documentary on their tour of Iceland, heima, is where I would start. If features some superb knitwear and a gig in a fish factory. Enthralling stuff!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Takk was the first Sigur Ros album I heard and that was a good gateway album IMHO.

I remember watching the God awful MTV awards when it was held in Edinburgh and they won’t an award for the video where kids were playing in a wasteland wearing gas masks…. This was pre Planet Earth and the whole place was pretty much silent because none of the gormless **** had any idea who they were

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Oh, and that Dvd they released where they play in places around Iceland is properly beautiful

athgray
    Free Member

I will have a look justin. Thanks.

Philby

One of the best live gigs I have ever been to. Mate had a spare ticket and invited me along; I’d never heard any of there songs before but they blew me away. The support band, also from Iceland, were outstanding too.

CountZero

I’ve got a couple of their albums, (), and Takk, but I must admit, the 6Music Maida Vale concert was properly epic, really intense, and that was coming through a tiny little Pure DAB radio! I can’t imagine what it must have been like in a small-ish room!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Sigur Ros………’ is closed to new replies.