• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Talk to me about road wheels particularly tubeless
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

So I’ve pretty much made my mind up that I’m not going to get a new mtb this year, I’m gonna take the current Bronson to Whistler and see what colour schemes or bikes come out next year maybe.

In light of that I’d still like to spend a bit of money this year and as well as looking at CX bikes I’m thinking of jumping on to the tubeless bandwagon.

I have RS11’s with Schwalbe Lugano 25 tyres and these came as standard with the bike, I have no problems with them but having done 75 miles at the weekend it would be nice to not have to carry a pump etc and be paranoid about punctures.

Are they as good as mtb tubeless in that any thorns etc I need not worry about? I’ve only ever ruined tubeless on my mtb by pinch on one of the drainage gaps on Snowdon. Any recommendations on wheelsets and tyres for tubeless? I’m not phased by buying the rims and hubs separately and getting them built up locally. Is it really worry free or does everyone still carry all the same gear?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about road wheels particularly tubeless’ is closed to new replies.