Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Talk to me about owning an LPG car
  • higgo
    Free Member

So I’m thinking about changing my car. One of the ones that Autotrader spews up has got an LPG conversion. I don’t do enough mileage for fuel costs to be a deciding factor so hadn’t really considered LPG but I’m not going to turn down the chance to run on half-price fuel.

However, I know next to nothing about LPG. I have no reason to doubt this is a ‘proper’ conversion but is it just something else that could do wrong?

I assume they retain the ability to run on petrol (told you I know nothing!)… if I’m driving along and the LPG runs out will it just switch over automatically? Or does it need switching from one to the other in some way? How will I know how much LPG is left? Is there a second fuel guage?

Anything else I need to know?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I help install it…

You can un the existing petrol or diesel along side lpg, a second tank for lpg goes in the boot or under the car (within the legal restriction its higher than the sump or other components so way out of harms way.

You need to flick a small switch to change between fuels and you do have a fuel gauge to tell you how much lpg is left.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about owning an LPG car’ is closed to new replies.