Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Talk to me about Kindles
  • spooky_b329

Adverts…I wouldn’t pay extra to lose them…it’s a static screen when the Kindle is asleep, normally just another book they think you’ll like. Occasionally it’ll offer you a £50 kindle cover or charger etc.

I think I’m on about 150 books so far and I’ve previously clicked through the ad about three times.

One of the best things about the kindle is you can read the first chapter or three as a sample, if the book doesn’t grab you, you can just move on and try something else rather than wasting £3 or £4 on it. Strangely my wife recently admitted she *never* uses this feature! I find it quite useful, I like travel books and sometimes they can be pretty boring!

We also use the same Amazon account for both devices which works fine, the only time it gets confused is if you both overlap reading the same book, one of you has to go on airplane mode otherwise it tries to sync to different pages

Russell96

The Kindle comes with an email address, so you can email docs/pdfs to it, for pdfs if you put ‘convert’ in the subject on the email, the pdf will be converted to the kindle format.

3G/4G Kindles come with a global SIM so you can download books/receive email in a hell of a lot countries worldwide.

Cougar

Main reason I choose books over the Kindle is the amount of words on a line. I have mine set in landscape mode because I don’t like the “4words next line 4 words next line” etc etc constant jumping down the page.

I don’t understand this.

The size of the screen of a Kindle is about the same as a paperback book. You can set the font size larger or smaller than the text in a paperback book. So if you’re only seeing four words on a line then it’s your own fault for sticking in 48-point cataract-o-vision.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t understand this

True fact

Russell96

Remember not to order four of them at once

molgrips
    Free Member

There are loads of other books that don’t need pictures, maos and diagrams.

Although books on 20th century Chinese history aren’t among them.

ampthill

One of the best things about the kindle is you can read the first chapter or three as a sample, if the book doesn’t grab you, you can just move on and try something else rather than wasting £3 or £4 on it.

Or you can just ask for a refund if you don’t like the book. I think you have 7 days

https://mytbr.co/can-you-return-kindle-books-our-how-to-guide/#:~:text=In%20these%20cases%2C%20many%20people,within%20seven%20days%20of%20purchase.

I’ve only used for genuine accidents but I know people that just use it as try before you buy….

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Kindles’ is closed to new replies.