Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Talk to me about Eastbourne.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Any good for family holidays?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

What age group are the kids? What sort of holiday are you looking for? Plenty of MTB nearby on the downs and in Friston. If you want a guide let me know.

rossi46
    Free Member

Full of old giffers 😆

Lovely place though, and Hastings is just up the road too…

Harry_the_Spider

Kids will be 3 and 5. We need a base to explore the whole coast.

rewski
    Free Member

Eastbourne is great, I’m down there most weekends, it as a great prom for scooters, small bikes and a skate park, although your kids might be a bit young for the half pipes :wink:. As Ming said, there’s some lovely riding over at Friston, nice family routes too, you can also ride out to the Seven Sisters, stunning coastine. Then you’ve got activities like Drussilas Zoo, Blackberry Farm, Middle Farm, South Downs, Herstmonceux Castle and Observatory. The new art gallery is pretty good too. I’ll add more when I think.

wwaswas

Probably better than Brighton for staying in with young kids, tbh.

Only real issue is trying to use the A27 during peak traffic times.

grantway
    Free Member

LOL family Holidays

Yeah if your family ages between 60 to 80

Harry_the_Spider

That is why I am asking.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

What Rewski said + there is “Fort Fun” and “Treasure island” on the sea front as a kiddies rides play area thing.

hora
    Free Member

You are willing to travel THAT far to go THERE?

Many many better places than that for the mileage driven IMO.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

If you want a guide let me know.

if you take Ming up on this offer don’t let him take you to

– anything he refers to as “The Pit”
    – anything where the second word is “creek”
    – anything that he’s “just found”

Warning ends…

TM

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Retirement central suffering influx of chav-like punters looking for cheap holidays. Dreadful B&B’s. Two decent restaurants.

Only good thing about it is that it’s at the end of the eastwards SDW if you need to stay over night. Otherwise, whatever your agenda, avoid.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Why are the names of the good restaurants

rewski
    Free Member

It is lacking decent bars and restaurants, I tend to venture inland to village pubs, the lamb in wartling and eight bells in Jevington are superb. Jevington as a base would be ideal. As far as the old people, well they probably head for Eastbourne because it’s one of the best kept seaside resort in the South East, it does feel old fashioned, that’s it’s charm, you got Brighton if you want trendy bars etc.

BTW – Friston Forest route in latest issue of MBUK, missed out all the best trails though.

@ twiglet_monster – which one is the pit? Is the fourth steep bomb hole or the one with the tree or another?

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

@Rewksi

No idea – there’s a map inside Ming’s head but I wouldn’t go there either 🙂

TM

rewski
    Free Member

😀

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Ohh The Pit is new, it’s like Deliverance on the North Downs but steeper and with no run out. It’s near Folkington by the bottom of the B’stard.

Another good pub is The Giants Rest in Wilmington.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Eastbourne.’ is closed to new replies.