• This topic has 27 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by barbarianone-spam.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Talk to me about cordless vacuums.
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I know, proper rock n roll for a Friday night!

I’m kitting out a small gite and am thinking that a small space saving cordless vacuum would be a good investment. But, having looked locally, there is an awful lot of choice. Does anyone have one? Kind of looking for personal recommendations. Small house, set of stairs, mix of hard floors and carpets.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Mrs Squad’s a cleaner and she bought the G Tech one for us.
    She loves it. It’s great for just using to keep on top of things but we’ve got a normal Miele for doing the major hoovering.
    She says the G Tech is the best thing she’s ever bought!
    She doesn’t ride a bike.

zippykona

Dyson v6.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Dyson something or other

But you can guarantee that it will run out of charge half way through a room

goldfish24

Minor hijack, but the op might be on board…

anyone tried the makita lxt vacuums? Cheap as a bare unit. Adds up once you buy a battery and charger. But then OP, you’ve the perfect excuse to buy a nice drill/impact driver/circular saw/sander/mitre saw/work lamp/dab radio/coffee maker….

nickjb
    Free Member

Dyson here. Haven’t used the upright since buying it. Good bit of kit. Just need a Henry or similar for fireplaces and building work to go with it but for general house cleaning it really works.

DrJ

My mum swears by her G-Tech. Thinking of getting one as our Dyson is a bit feeble nowadays.

spacemonkey

In response to goldfish, I did exactly that. Bought the Makita combo drill and vacuum 3yrs ago. Drill brilliant. Charger bang on. Vacuum used virtually everyday for those convenient tidy up moments – again, brilliant but for 2yrs. Motor partially packed up so bought another.

FTR: We use a Dyson regularly for proper hoovering but the Makita is very convenient/capable for a quick once over here and there.

willej

We picked up a Vax Air Lift cordless upright, in their factory sale. It was £80 instead of £250, because there was a small hole in the box. We weren’t expecting great things, just for it to be adequate, but it is surprisingly good. Ours came with two lithium ion batteries and you get about half an hour of hoovering on a charge. Worth looking out for, I’d say.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve got a Dyson after seeing them on sale in currys for less than half their original price.

It’s great, with 3 cats we never thought a battery one would cope but it’s really good with the powered head and we rarely use the larger Vax plug in hoover now.

MikeG

Another vote for the Dyson one here, got a refurbished one from their factory eBay store a couple of years ago and have hardly used the upright since. Can’t quite do the whole house in one charge (medium sized 3 bed semi) but the chances of both of my girls rooms having a clear floor at the same time mean that’s not a massive problem.

nickdavies

I’ve got a dyson v6 – must admit I felt very middle aged spending £200 on a hoover even at half price but it’s really good, so much easier to use. Especially stairs and upstairs.

dovebiker

We have a Dyson and spare battery – enough charge to do a 4 bedroom house

km79
    Free Member

Ours came with two lithium ion batteries and you get about half an hour of hoovering on a charge.

That’s a whole months worth! 😆

goldfish24

Right, I’m getting one of them makita’s from screwfix tomorrow. It’s only £35 and I’ve already got the batteries.

blastit
    Free Member

Another vote for makita. One battery 4ah will last the Motorhome 3 weeks in the alps with the wife doing a quick clean up every day.
    We have Henry for proper cleaning 😀

nathb
    Free Member

Dyson V8 here, does a brilliant job but I’m not entirely convinced it lasts the quoted length of time…

Tracey

Dyson Animal in the camper. Bought it from Tesco when they were half price. Works great and keeps on top of the dog hairs.

Cougar

Dyson v6.

V8. If you can abide Dyson’s politics. It’s almost as powerful as my regular upright (missus).

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve been after one for a while – wee flat, laminate floors, cats and its a hassle getting the Henry out of the cupboard.
    But didn’t want to pay the money.

Thanks to this thread I’ve now seen I can get a Bosch one for £40 that will run off the batteries I have for my drill!

footflaps

Thanks to this thread I’ve now seen I can get a Bosch one for £40 that will run off the batteries I have for my drill!

Bosch looks good…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xneKd0vwKRA[/video]

Where did you find it for £40?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Savers-5-ONLY-Bosch-PAS18Li-BARE-Cordless-Vacuum-06033B9001-3165140761802-A/112568106311

Hmm, was a wee bit more.
    I can’t see any functional difference between the green and blue ones other than a HEPA filter inside

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Ours came with two lithium ion batteries and you get about half an hour of hoovering on a charge.
    That’s a whole months worth!

You mean people use a vacuum as often as once a month? 😯

bear-uk
    Free Member

We have the full size Bosch cleaner and its been very good for the year or so of ownership.
    Not a patch on Henry but its lasted longer than the multi colored British overpriced competition.

andeh

We got one of the Vax Air ones in their factory sale. It’s powerful enough, but not amazing. Perfect for our cottage and so much easier to quickly whizz round with than a plug in one. The convenience means I’m much more likely to clean up after myself.

rmacattack
    Free Member

in response to the makita recommendations above , i can’t disagree more. totally useless vacuum. the filter is dire, always clogs up and the rubbish housing is too small.

ade9933
    Free Member

I was out on Saturday night and the people I met were telling me how their Dyson cordless made vacuuming fun.

However…

They did not ride bikes
    They read the daily mail
    They were talking about vacuuming over dinner and
    They became upset at our misaligned views on the royal family

Take from that what you will.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about cordless vacuums.’ is closed to new replies.