Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Talk Talk or Plusnet
  • beanieripper
    Free Member

My BT contract for phone and internet has ended, Im pretty sure im going to go over to Talk Talk or PlusNet to save some money, im leaning towards Plusnet….anyone had any problems with them?

withersea
    Free Member

I am with plusnet and they are well priced, especially if you pay line rental in advance to get it cheaper, you should be aware they are a bt company, but the service is much better than bt.

boblo
    Free Member

I recently moved from Talk Talk to Plusnet. When it all worked (99.99% of the time), TT were fine. When it didn’t, they were very difficult to deal with.

The transition to Plusnet was very straightforwards and their comms were good. As soon as I needed something a bit different, they were alarmingly similar to TT.

Conclusion? For me, go for the cheapest/best guaranteed speed in your location and don’t forget cash back via Quidco/Top Cashbak.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    franksinatra

Talk talk were the worst company I have ever dealt with. Truly shocking.

walla24
    Free Member

topcashback is 39.90 cashback for plusnet!
    Have just started with them and very happy, took a week from payment to online but get a really good constant speed and the router puts out a good signal over two floors.

Also you can move house once for free which is helpful for rentors.

dan1980
    Free Member

I’ve been with Plusnet for 4 years now in various properties. I’ve not had any major problems, and when I have, they’ve been very good to deal with. I’d recommend them.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Ok cool, think I was erring towards PlusNet anyway..

muddyfool

I’ve been with plusnet for a long time… At least 10 years, probably more.

Have had very few problems but the few times I’ve had to contact them they’ve been good. Would definitely recommend.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Would recommend plusnet here as well…

MrOvershoot

Also been with PlusNet for just over 10 years, also set most of the family up with them and not 1 complaint.
    I think the phrase is “it does exactly what it says on the tin”

matt_outandabout

Just moved to Plusnet – uber smooth and quick switch on, even hassled BT when the switch on did not happen before 5pm, then phoned me and said ‘sorted in the next hour’ and then called me on the hour and said ‘sorted’!
    And much faster than suggested 8)

bearnecessities

Plusnet for a few years here – as said above, pay in advance for line rental. Only had a problem once with b/band, but the updates were plentiful and restored quickly.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

had both, both i would never touch again.

talktalk were impossible to talk to when i had a broadband issue, which was very often, very slow and lots of drop outs.

plusnet you could talk to, but the broadband speeds were pathetic and everytime i complained they would turn up the tap then as soon as i had got off the phone returned it to a dribble. seriously, i was lucky to get .6kbps.

been with sky nearly 2 years, fine, great customer service when needed (two, three times tops). 2.7kbps and believe me i am out in the sticks well away from the exchange with a feed that relies on jungle drums.

tinribz
    Free Member

I got banned from plusnet for excessive usage, they’re cheap because they target low users and provide minimal service. They used to routinely ‘accidentally’ delete all website and hosted files too. Sky are OK unless you want to use the internet in the evenings or weekends. Probably different if you have cable. TT allegedly are impossible to leave, they continue to bill you forever.

daveh
    Free Member

Had plusnet and they were mainly fine but weren’t particularly helpful when I had speed issues. Iirc, and this is likely to be very specific to my particular circumstances, Talktalk LLU doubled the speed versus BT equipment. I also had a line fault whilst with Talktalk and rather unbelievably they were very efficient at getting it sorted (via Open reach of course).

boblo
    Free Member

exchange with a feed that relies on jungle drums.

You must live in bongo bongo land shirley? 🙂 I left Talk Talk recently, no bother.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Talk Talk or Plusnet’ is closed to new replies.