Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Talk me out of buying a Nomad
  • earl_brutus

Ok so Im having a dilemma. I ride a 2011 Yeti ASR5c its been my main bike for ages and goes v well for alps, peaks, ard rock, BPW etc etc and local trails. Its ferrari fast and always slightly on the edge in the gnarly stuff . Not as forgiving as a big travel bike for sure. But i do miss the extra travel ( i had a spesh enduro 150mm  before)

Thing is ive just had a bit of a bonus from work and ive been offered a mk3 Nomad for a v good price, its a  165 mm travel brute vs the 130mm rocket ship on the yeti, Im trying to find a reason not to buy it to be honest. Id keep the yeti either way….

PJM1974
    Free Member

Don’t buy a Nomad.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Sorry I can’t. I have a MK2 Carbon and it’s ace. The Mk3 is even better. The only thing that I could say to stop you buying a MK3 is if you could get a MK4.

I can’t see you regretting it. Just check the comparable price of Nomads on eBay first as there are quite a lot for sale and you can get a lot of bike for your money.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For me the Mk3 is the bike if you have no uplift or huge mountains, the Mk4 tips over into a bigger category – though that could just be mental. Had a good demo on the Mk3 and loved it once it got up to speed, felt sluggish when you were not on it but once you were….

carlos
    Free Member

Love my mk3 to bits. Its my only MTB and gets ridden everywhere, yeah i’m over biked for some rides but WGAS, I don’t.

Check prices elsewhere as plenty about

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

sounds like you want it. You know what to do.

honourablegeorge

It’ll be like your old Enduro but lighter, much more capable, and better to pedal.

If that appeals then nab it

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

A chap I ride with has just got a new one. He had a Bronson before and is finding it hard work on the climbs. Looks like a beast of a bike though.

Another mate has the last model and loved it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have you ridden one? I didn’t like it. I felt the kinematics that are designed to make it firm under pedalling also made it feels like it was hooking up on the edge of rocks on technical climbs.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I have a mk3 nomad carbon. (The costly cc one). It has zee brakes. Mk4 flow ex wheels on hope hubs. Easton carbon bar and race face 35mm stem. 150mm reverb.

Honestly its crap. It didnt give me pbs on trails i have ridden for years. It isnt the most fun and confidence inspiring bike i have ridden.  It doesnt even pedal up hill nearly as well as my anthem. No it doesn’t…..

(Yes it does and it did. Just do it you will not regret it in any way. )

twistedpencil

Don’t buy a Nomad, it’ll just wander off…

flashes
    Free Member

Yep, they’re buggers for that……..

poah
    Free Member

not enough travel, get a new capra

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just buy it man!

My mate got one in February last year to replace his 2012 Orange 5.

He rode it about 7-10 times before he went to Chamonix in September & hasn’t been out on it since. He must love it!

(True story)

monostereo
    Free Member

just buy it.  I **** love my bronson v2 so i can only think the nomad will be even more fun when pointing down a mountain

lowey

You want it… you have the money… stop agonising and buy the thing.

You know you want to 🙂

santacruzsi
    Free Member

What they said ^

alpineharry
    Free Member

I had a 2015 / mk3 one but sold it due to injury. It was hands down the best bike i’d owned/ ridden, as mentioned it is a bit slow uphill but i’m pretty unfit anyway so probably just as likely down to that. Coming from downhill bikes in the past it felt so confidence inspiring and fast, think I only bottomed it out a couple of times it had that good a suspension platform, lets hope the hightower LT is as good…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Talk me out of buying a Nomad’ is closed to new replies.