Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Talented wood worker? Or recommend one please..
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Partner makes stained glass, and needs a stand for a piece. Is this something that any of you talented people would undertake, or can you suggest someone? Glasgow based but happy to have it posted. Thinking hardwood as the raw material and she is happy to source or have it supplied.

Looking for a simple tree trunk shape wooden base for mounting a leaded stained glass panel. Would like three or so branches – a sort of fork shape to give the basic idea of a tree. The stained glass will be a organic shaped roundish panel that will slot in the centre to form the canopy of the tree.

Size wise the mount would be 20cm wide and 30cm high roughly. stained glass piece is around 7-8mm thick once finished.

Its a one off for now.

skink2020

Check Gareth from Glasgow on Instagram.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member
    Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Try Ben Badger in Glossop- on Instagram and has a website

kayak23

I could certainly have a think if you could send me a sketch of the sort of thing you had in mind.
    Sounds like perhaps it might lend itself towards a little cheeky steam bending perhaps…
    Contact me if you like through my website. 👍

Blackteaonesugar

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Thanks, a good start!

Kahurangi

I have a friend Dave, who has done things similar. I think the best way to contact him is through facebook, if you use it.

https://www.facebook.com/HumbleWoodDesigns/

alanl
    Free Member

From your description, Rob Elliot in Selkirk sprang to mind. His stuff is amazing.
    Rob Elliot

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Beautiful!

Beautiful!

joshvegas
    Free Member

See i think that’s ‘orrible.

I’d almost be on board if he hadn’t rounded all the edges over and put all the unnecessary wiggly cuts it that just hide the fact its some nice bits of wood.

Thats not to diminish his skill or anything just i don’t get the style at all.

sazter

I was just sent this by a friend but your wife has already been in touch!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Talented wood worker? Or recommend one please..’ is closed to new replies.