Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Talas 36's Adding oil to the air spring
  • Davesport

After reading a recent article about setting up suspension sag it looks like I’ve been running my fork too hard. There was only about 10mm of sag on my fork. It’s serviced & the rings are lubed 😯 I’ve been adding more air to prevent the fork diving through its travel whilst under braking load especially going down steep decents.

I’ve now got the sag set to approx a quarter of the forks travel but it’s back to being too soft everywhere else.

Is it feasible to add Fox Float fluid (The Blue stuff) to the air spring to make it ramp up quicker & dive less ? If so, how much should I be putting in ?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

banks
    Free Member

Tbh the only cure for talas forks is a float transplant – loco your man 😀

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Have you got any compression damping adjustment on your fork?

Davesport

Yeah, slow compression. It does what it’s meant to but does’nt help with the diving 👿

On the subjects of conversion. I’d been thinking about this. Either to Float or Van spec. Any idea how much to convert ?

D.

dirtydog
    Free Member

£68 or £84 depending on year

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Float-Conversion-Parts.html

It’s a straight forward job and gives a bit more mid/end stroke support.

scruff
    Free Member

Adding some fork oil to the air spring will help them ramp up as the air volume will decrease. Try 10cc at a time.

Davesport

Ta 😀

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Just got a TALAS to Float conversion kit in the post today!

I’d stick with Fox Fluid in the air side as there should already be around 5cc in there already.

Andy_K

I don’t think adding oil to the spring side works on the TALAS forks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Talas 36's Adding oil to the air spring’ is closed to new replies.