Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Taking an air rifle to france.
  • zippykona

Can you take one through the tunnel and how do the French cops view air rifles?
    Harmless toy or killing machine?
    My friends have a nice house in rural France and want to shoot some rabbits.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about bringing it back in.

johnellison
    Free Member

Any air rifle of 7ft/lbs (about 10 Joules) requires a firearms licence in France.

But the big stumbler here is that hunting with any air gun in France is illegal. .22 rimfire minimum for rabbits.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I could be wrong but I believe most countries on the continent ban the use of air-rifles for hunting – even small vermin. That was certainly the case in Spain. I think that the permited power levels may also be lower.

Taking it in/out of the UK shouldn’t be a problem, there should be a guide on the airline/ferry/tunnel website and I think you probably have to declare it, but having it chrono’ed by a reputable gunsmith and having that doc/report with you should help ensure that on entry no one questions its power and asks to see your FAC for it.

Go and do a search on the airgunBBS, someone will have asked this there.

You may just wish to buy a cheap plinker in France…

edit: beaten to it 🙂

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Just out of interest, what rifle is it?

McHamish
    Free Member

When you get to the border control…just put your foot down and go in guns blazing.

It’ll be fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Taking an air rifle to france.’ is closed to new replies.