Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Take This Lollipop
  • phil.w
    Free Member

wwaswas

psa: you have to be on Facebook for this to work.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

It wants a lot of access!

Cougar

It wants a lot of access!

And for that reason, I’m oot. What is it, a gullibility test? I knew not to take sweets from strangers when I was five. Plus, you don’t know where it’s been.

Cougar

Seems to be legit.

Taken from a CNN report:

Don’t worry: The application claims it uses your data only once, then deletes it. But the creepy results just might make you think twice about who else gets access to your online information.

Creator Jason Zada, a commercial and viral marketing director… said the clip is definitely meant to spur thought about how much information we share online.

phil.w
    Free Member

You just have to be logged into facebook. So it has no more access than any other site you visit while logged into Facebook.

No, it’s not a gullibility test. It’s an interesting project that was done for halloween.

It uses you Facebook data once then destroys it. (This has been independently verified)

wwaswas

My wife used to teach at an infants school in one of the trendier parts of Brighton.

The parents were, literally, proud that they hadn’t got their kids immunised.

Then some kid got measles and there was virtually a stampede to the local doctors after the school sent letters out.

[edit] so what does it do with the data?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

what does it do? (im not on facebook)

edit: read the cnn link now, thanks for posting

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

S’a load of rot. It only used what info I have made available to all anyway, and the bloke’s coming to get me but he’s gone to Maidenhead in Berkshire! The berk…

That’s something to do with my IP addy I think. Nowt that other sites can’t do. Plus it got some of the info on my FB page wrong.

I dare say it’ll scare the bejesus out of some folk, but personally I’m more concerned about some real nutter in the street on a dark night…

phil.w
    Free Member

so what does it do with the data?

Makes a video.

It might scare some, though I think this is just the surface of the project. Where it is really about personal data on-line and what can be done with it.

S’a load of rot.

Clever though, no?

vinnyeh

Not much different to the Oaakley ‘You vs ..’ campaign when you cut to the chase, though obviously with more sinister overtones.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

People I don’t actually know have nothing like that level of access to my account/page

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Clever though, no?

Oh yeah, definitely. Makes me think, what with all these smart ‘phones an ting, what might be possible in terms of personalising experiences of all sorts of things; shopping, cinema, eating out etc.

One step closer to Big Brother though in’t it?

GrahamS

I think this (old) article is more interesting in relation to privacy:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/jul/23/foursquare

Basically the journalist easily stalks a young woman using FourSquare, Facebook and Twitter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Take This Lollipop’ is closed to new replies.