Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Taipei/Taiwan: who's been? Where to go? Where to stay? What to eat?
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Err, as the title says, really. Going for a weekend in about a month, and wondering what I ought to gawp at, what I ought to ram in my cake hole, and where I ought to stay in between. Is Taiwan any good for non-sexy time massage? If I’m an ang mo with no Mando or Hokkien skills, will I have any difficulty getting around and doing my thing?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

going for a weekend ??

Love to be able to advise, long time since i was there, BFWIW- they were ahead of the game in some ways– the brothels had waterbeds in the 70’s

Ramming stuff in your cakehole, since you like life’s fineries any street vendors are good. Avoid tourist places.

theotherjonv

Had a one night stop over there on a business trip a few years back.

Was not a great experience – they took me to a Hooters (girls were petite and pretty, but Hooters they were not) and fed me ribs and wings and Newcastle Brown Ale.

They then offered to take me to the Snake Market. Apparently, you choose a snake, they cut its head off and drain it’s blood and you drink it and it makes you strong. In the Style of a NOTW reporter, at this point I made my excuses and left.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Avoid staying at Le Meridien in Taipei if possible – I can look out the exact room number if you want – as I made a bit of a mess there after food poisoning from the Japanese teriyaki place in the mall.

otherwise impressive with 3 tvs per room, one over the bath, and one of those toilets that jetwashes and then blow-drys your backside.

and control panel instructions, with options for Rear Cleansing/Rear Cleansing Soft/Front Cleansing/Dryer/Water Pressure/Wand Position and Deodorization.

konabunny
    Free Member

Mate, I wouid love to be staying at the Le Meridien…

I’ve heard about the snake market thing – apparently you did the right thing, jonv, as it’s only tourists that do it anyway.

jambalaya
    Free Member

To be honest it’s not my favourite place, I always found it rather grey. A few lively bars including one at the bottom of the tall building. My Asian colleagues used to visit Taiwan for the countryside.

RoterStern
    Free Member

The National Palace Museum is worth a visit. It is full of artifacts from the mainland that the Kuomingtan took with them when they fled the communist uprising. The Chiang Kai Shek memorial is also pretty impressive. There is also a park just outside the city called Yanmingshan National Park which gives you some awesome views of the city as well as lots of steaming volcanic mountains.

Food wise Toudofu (stinky tofu) is a must to try. I can only describe the taste as the same as a pig farm smells. I used to love the stuff. 😈

bwaarp
    Free Member

Taiwan national history museum is meant to be nuts, up in the mountains, huge and hardly anyone there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Taipei/Taiwan: who's been? Where to go? Where to stay? What to eat?’ is closed to new replies.