• This topic has 20 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mt.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tailored Car Boot Liners
  • cultsdave
    Free Member

Looking into getting a boot liner for my car. As with everything there is a huge array of products available. From cheap to extortionate! Anyone got any good recommendations? Its a Ford Mondeo Estate MKIV
    Best I have seen so far is this
    Amazon Boot Liner

sharpy52
    Free Member

I have one by uk custom covers, not the same car. Highly recommended them.ukcovers

cultsdave
    Free Member

Thanks for that, looks like the Amazon link I put up is for that UK Custom Covers so that is promising.

CaptainSlow

How much protection do you want and what are your expectations on price?

I wanted full lining so went with hatchbag. 2 years on i remain pleased with the choice.

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/boot-liners

frogstomp

Had a Hatchbag liner for 4 years of chucking bikes / rubbish / whatever in the back and it still looks good!

cultsdave
    Free Member

How much protection do you want and what are your expectations on price

The car is new to me and I plan on keeping it for at least 7 years, longer if possible so I don’t mind spending a bit of cash but obviously if one for £60 (see link above) is almost as good as one for £150 then that’s a no brainer.

It will be used allot for muddy bikes and a dog.

tonyg2003

We’ve got two cars with Hatchbags and them in previous cars. They have all been very good.

ajantom

Does it really need to be tailored? If it’s going to get covered in dog hair and mud/oil then something like this will do perfectly well… Boot liner
    I’ve got one in my Audi A4 Avant, fit is pretty good, and it keeps the boot clean. Spend the extra £40 on bike bits 😉

wwaswas

I got a genuine BMW one for my E61 Tourer.

It wasn’t *that* much more than aftermarket and the quality and flexibility it offers are outstanding. Very thick vinyl, bits you can zip in and out, extra pieces to put on when the back seats are down to protect the seat backs and front seats.

Maybe look at what ford offer?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Aaaah! I see how this thread is going……

I had to get a boot liner custom made for my Bentley. Couldn’t have the artisan curated, sun dried Cedar logs for my woodburner dirtying up the hand knitted cashmere carpets.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

hatchbag. 2 years on i remain pleased with the choice.

+hatchbag, had one for 6 years in last car, boot used by dogs & bikes, very hardwearing

mrsmonkfinger bought a cheaper one for our current car – wish we’d got another hatchbag TBH.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I have a chap in Jermyn Street who does a very good job, perhaps i could give him your card.

wwaswas

percypanther, CharlieMungus.

It’s a lot easier just to get one of the men to follow along behind in the shooting brake with anything that’s wet or muddy in – they’re used to all that dirt and the wet dog smells I expect.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Does it really need to be tailored? If it’s going to get covered in dog hair and mud/oil then something like this will do perfectly well… Boot liner

Nope it doesn’t have to be but I imagine the tailored ones stay in place better and I am less likely to get annoyed by it and not use it.

I had to get a boot liner custom made for my Bentley.

😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s a lot easier just to get one of the men to follow along behind in the shooting brake with anything that’s wet or muddy in – they’re used to all that dirt and the wet dog smells I expect.

What? ….and betray my working class roots?

How very dare you. 🙂

I have a chap in Jermyn Street who does a very good job, perhaps i could give him your card.

Ta. I’ll have my people talk to your people. 😉

Greybeard
    Free Member

We have a Hatchbag for our Focus Estate, with the extension for when the seats are down, and the flap to protect the bumper when loading. Works well, pleased with it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Have a look on eBay as people sell their liners when they change cars. I bought a £150 OEM liner for my car for £5.

Mat

As above I have a Hatchbag for my mk4 mondeo, had one for my mk3 before it. Pricey but in my view worth it, really durable and easy to sweep out (or hose out if it gets really bad). I’m guessing I must be reasonably local to you so you’re welcome to pop round and have a look if you want to see one in the flesh.

fifeandy
    Free Member

No fancy liners for me.
    I just use an old king size duvet. Long enough to cover folded rear seats too. Wide enough to fold over the bike to protect it when front wheel, or bike no2 goes on top.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Hatchbag end of…….

I also have one for sale for a Mk3 Mondeo.

mt
    Free Member

Have a look at Boot Bud.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tailored Car Boot Liners’ is closed to new replies.