Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Tahnee Seagrave injured again.
  • stuhawk
    Free Member

Poor kid, dislocated and broken ankle, broken tib and fib plus ligament damage. The clip on her Instagram page of the ankle being put back into place is an eye opener.

RustyNissanPrairie

🤮 just seen it via Pinkbike, absolutely gutted for her.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Just saw that. Poor woman. Was looking forward to the womens DH season. Although, are all the instagram pics and videos necessary.  …? I guess I didnt need to watch them .

timbog160

Terrible news really feel for her. Really felt like she was on the cusp of something great too..!

nickc

just seen this, what a nightmare, looks properly knackered.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

In my professional opinion that leg looks borked.

dirkpitt74

Yeah gutted for her – had thought she was on for the over all title this year.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Such a bummer…
    She’s my favourite after Rachel, really enjoy watching her ride

ampthill

2 of the best riders in the world. 2 good legs between them. Really horrible. These things are painful and stressful enough when they are a hobby. Worse when they are your living as well

kayak23
    daviek

As above gutted, the womens downhill was getting better year after year but at least now Tracy, Myriam and Marine should be close enough to race for wins rather than Rachael win and the rest go for second like it was a few years ago. Would be nice to have Tahnee in there as well mind you

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Don’t forget the junior women’s World champion stepping up to elite.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Yeah but not for every race.

👨‍⚖️

endomick
    Free Member

Hopefully she’ll be back on form just in time for the world championships like last year, hope we don’t have any more casualties, it was hard to tell how good Marine and Nina really were with half the field missing and Traceys victory must have felt a bit hollow, but its gonna be an interesting season. A 5 horse race though instead of 6.

epicyclo

endomick
    and Traceys victory must have felt a bit hollow

It’s all part of the game.

Trace has spent quite a lot of the last few seasons riding subpar for her ability due to injury. That’s she’s doing well now is because of a ruthless training and rehab programme – I reckon she could out squat most of us here.

Any victory is earned and not hollow. Winners are only counted at the finishing post, not the what-ifs.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ouch, what a shame. New team, new year – all borked before it started 🙁

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Follow her on Instagram and watching her train so hard over winter this must be gutting.

endomick
    Free Member

Epicyclo I wasn’t being disrespectful about Tracey Hannah, I didnt say her victory was hollow so why jump to her defence, but you have to beat the best to truly believe yourself to be the best, the fact is the top three were out injured thus handed her the overall on a plate, it was hers to lose, soon as Pom Pom and Tahnee came back she was back to fourth and most likely fifth if Rachel wasn’t injured. It’s all what ifs but we will see at the end of this season.
    As for squatting, it doesn’t really translate, powerlifters and mountain bikers are two completely different animals. What’s your point. And NO not all victories are earned, thats why we have phrases like paper champion.
    Any thoughts on the actual post or do you just want to annoy me.

ampthill

Marine and Nina really were with half the field missing and Traceys victory must have felt a bit hollow, but its gonna be an interesting season

Epicyclo I wasn’t being disrespectful about Tracey Hannah, I didnt say her victory was hollow so why jump to her defence, but you have to beat the best to truly believe yourself to be the best, the fact is the top three were out injured thus handed her the overall on a plate, it was hers to lose, soon as Pom Pom and Tahnee came back she was back to fourth and most likely fifth if Rachel wasn’t injured

I’m confused. Shorely you’ve said it twice now

I’ll make 2 points

Firstly Tracey made it through the season without major injury. That is part of winning the overall.

She road conservatively at the end of the season with her eyes on the prize. Had she been behind she might have placed higher. We don’t know

What we do know is she fairly and squarely win the season

epicyclo

endomick
    I wasn’t being disrespectful about Tracey Hannah, I didnt say her victory was hollow so why jump to her defence

I know the family, ex neighbour. I was talking to her about her win on my last visit to Oz. She seems to think that doing squats is relevant, so I believed her.

And ampthill describes her tactics to a tee.

Firstly Tracey made it through the season without major injury. That is part of winning the overall.

She road conservatively at the end of the season with her eyes on the prize…

She’s a canny lass.

greeny30
    Free Member

Endomick makes a valid point, if I won because the top three were out of action for most of the season it would be a bittersweet victory. She still beat Marine though even if no one else came close.
    If I had to put money on this years overall or champs, it would be on Rachel and Marine not Tracey, sorry if that offends epics biased opinion. 😁

epicyclo

@greeny30
    I don’t particularly follow downhill, it’s not a part of cycling that interests me, so I’m not familiar with the opposition.
    However it’s a race series, not a one off race, so staying on your bike and not getting injured has got to be an important part of your tactics. It’s just like motogp in that regard, sometimes it’s better to come 2nd or 3rd rather than lose it all trying to win a race. Even the great Marquez and Rossi do this.
    Biased, very, yes of course. Trace for the win. 🙂

greeny30
    Free Member

But she came 4th and 5th as soon as Myriam and Tahnee came back.😁

epicyclo

@greeny30
    Came back from what? Exceeding their limits?

And so what? Trace was racing to win the WC series and was well aware of how an injury could cock up her campaign. She had everything to lose, they had nothing to lose. Trace rode hard enough to get the points she needed to win the series, she knew she didn’t need to win every event.

The winning post is passed by the winner. You can can IF and BUT as much as you like about the losers, but IF and BUT don’t win the game, and if you get hurt you’re out of the game.

robo89
    Free Member

epicyclo, for someone who doesn’t particularly follow dh and isnt interested in it you seem very passionate about it or maybe just Tracey, so you think Tracey is the best rider on the circuit, you’re entitled to your opinion but you were easily triggered by an inoffensive opinion and facts so stop bickering, it’s hijacking the post. IMO Last seasons women’s cup was a bit of a damp squib, anyway let’s get back to Tahnee.

epicyclo

@robo89
    It’s the difference between being the best rider on a particular day or the best over a series. Not necessarily the same thing.

But I’ll shut up now. 🙂

timbog160

I had the same argument with my lad about Sam Hill winning last year’s EWS. Being younger he prefers the ‘glory boys’ out to win at every race!!

colp

Nicky Hayden – 2006

stevextc
    Free Member

Epicyclo I wasn’t being disrespectful about Tracey Hannah, I didnt say her victory was hollow

I think she did say something along those lines herself though … to be fair.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Tahnee Seagrave injured again.’ is closed to new replies.