Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tags are getting accurate
  • nickc

I see we already have “sfb argues” and “useless questions”

scaredypants

I think the tags are going to be the best thing on here soon

kinda666
    Free Member

Opinionated claptrap! 🙂

Stu

Massive jugs! 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

5 minutes of my life that mean I shall die happy:

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

They make this site much more fun.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve just added a very relevant tag…. 😈

hora
    Free Member

TART!

rOcKeTdOg

can you search just for tags?

richc
    Free Member

click on the tag, and it shows you which threads have been marked up

Mark

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/tags

Gets you the current most popular.. like at the bottom of the summary page.

Then add any potential tag you like after that.. thus..

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/tags/shimano

To bring up a list of tagged threads.

A few pointers though.. Multiword tags are unlikely to serve any purpose as the more popular single word tags will quickly outnumber them. Useless tags ie the egotistical ones that are just a posters name will mostly be deleted. Keep the tags simple and useful. It’s nicely ironic that the more clever you try to be by using multiple words, slang, bad spelliung etc the less anyone will ever use your tag.

Plus we are deleting the vague, useless and rude manually so it just makes more work for us when we could be tweaking and adding new stuff to the site.

duckers
    Free Member

Probably need a roodwordz filter on the tags, can you add them? I just tagged this thread as “dicks talking shit” and it let me add it. Just a suggestion (Mods?)

miketually
    Free Member

Plus we are deleting the vague, useless and rude manually so it just makes more work for us when we could be tweaking and adding new stuff to the site.

But they are funny 🙂

duckers
    Free Member

nickc

But we’re agreed; “sfb argues” is a useful tag though?

richc
    Free Member

the admin overhead of deleting the ‘vague, useless and rude’ won’t be for long though as given a week or so, the bulk of the used tags will make these ones disappear and it shouldn’t be that hard to write a script to cleanup old/infrequently used tags from the server DB.

miketually
    Free Member

the admin overhead of deleting the ‘vague, useless and rude’ won’t be for long though as given a week or so, the bulk of the used tags will make these ones disappear and it shouldn’t be that hard to write a script to cleanup old/infrequently used tags from the server DB.

The tag cloud just shows the tags which are currently popular, which implies that they’re just from the last few days and/or hours I’d guess.

Good to see that “sfb argues” and “opinionated claptrap” are both in the cloud 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

perhaps “opionated claptrap” should be added automatically once a thread gets over 20-30 posts?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But we’re agreed; “sfb argues” is a useful tag though?

not really

miketually
    Free Member

not really

I know, once the same tag is on every thread it becomes worthless 😉

chookie
    Free Member

reads to me a bit like Burrough’s cut-up technique: Titanium trek troll wanted wheel

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tags are getting accurate’ is closed to new replies.