Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • tag-a-long
  • td75
    Free Member

I got a tag-a-long to go out riding with my girlfriends and her daughter. The bracket that attaches to the seat post and is missing the shim to make it tighten properly. My seat post is 27.2mm and the metal tag-a-long attachment is 32mm, any ideas what I can use to replace it? I’ve tried rubber and it slips and doesn’t tighten properly and the rubber eventually breaks. I’ve thought about using a  plastic seat post shim? Any ideas what I could get?

willyboy
    Free Member

any good? USE shim

Just cut it down if its too long.

td75
    Free Member

Thanks willyboy, thats what I was thinking. That should work right?

ceept

We got a cheap shim on eBay for exactly the same thing.

td75
    Free Member

Perfect. Looks like that’s the way to go. Will get a cheap Ebay one.

mrhoppy

… it slips and doesn’t tighten properly …

Welcome to the tag along system.

td75
    Free Member

mrhoppy so it sounds like it’s going to be difficult to get it more secure. Has anyone done any single track with a tag-a-long?

MarkE25

I’m not sure this will be that helpful, but we used an Islabike tagalong that was brilliant as it attaches to a  special rear rack and is therefore really stable. Used it off road and touring, originally buying it as my daughter didn’t feel stable on a seatpost mounted tagalong. Don’t think they make them anymore, although I will list it shortly in the classifieds as my daughter has now outgrown it.

philhadfield

Yes – used a tag along with my son from about the age of 3-5 off road (llandegla blue sort of riding), in the later years when he was riding a bike himself it was really so I could go and have a decent long ride with him in tow (great training 😀). It also helped him to understand the basics of off road riding at an early age ( ie stand up when dad stands up if we are going down a hill etc.)  but more than that we had some really great times together and turned a few heads ( one memorable time was overtaking a group of roadies going up a fairly steep hill 😁) . The tag along we had was about £40 off eBay, weighed a ton but never let us down, have some great memories – do it I’m sure you won’t be disappointed just take it easy initially and build distance etc. up gradually.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘tag-a-long’ is closed to new replies.