Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Taekwondo kick pad recommendations
  • cobrakai

It’s my brothers 40th this year. We don’t normally do gifts but as it’s his 40th I’ve decided to get him something.

He’s hinted at kick pads, specifically for round kicks. I don’t do any martial arts so don’t know where to start.

I’m not after cheap sports direct ones, I’m not afraid to get him something pricey.

Any recommendations?

RobHilton
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>cobrakai
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div></div>
    <div class=””><span style=”font-size: 0.8rem; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>I don’t do any martial arts</span></div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div>Views OP with suspicion…</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I’d ask on an MA forum – TKD is huge, so there must be TKD specific ones</div>

bigyan
    Free Member

I would try and find out what he is looking for, there are various different types of pads commonly used in TKD. I would get a decent leather one over vinyl if you can afford it.
    Single pads and clapper pads are popular for practicing aim/speed, some people prefer focus pads, big shield pads for practicing hitting a target hard. Much like bikes some people get very upset about what is “best”

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Doesn’t the gym he trains in provide the pads? Our thai gym does – all we buy is our own gloves / shin protectors / mouthshield?

cobrakai

thanks folks. The gym do provide pads but in his words their almost past it and he’d like his own.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

We have one of these for at home.

https://www.kico.co.uk/product/target-pads-double-kick-target/

We also use them at our club and they seem to last well though the club ones are starting to get floppy from use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Taekwondo kick pad recommendations’ is closed to new replies.