Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tad wild out there this morning!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Got to survey some drains this morning. Think it can’t wait for a bit!!

kevj
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member

Got to survey some drains this morning. Think it can’t wait for a bit!!

You going ‘Manholeing’ in this weather!

Stoner
    Free Member

Weather station in the garden says we’ve had 46mm of rain in the last 24hrs.

Went out in it last night for the first proper wet ride Ive had for ages.

mt
    Free Member

it’s climate change. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Rained all day yesterday, woke up to harder rain, and the weather forecast is saying watch out for rain today.. flippin eck.

Tom83

I was saying to my mate the other day when we were on the trails, that it felt like the last summer ride. Perfect dusty trails, low sun shining through the tree’s etc.

Looking forward to a winter of riding though, usually its just me, but got a few riding buddies who are up for winter rides too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

First day back from Deutschland for me. It started raining somewhere in Pas de Calais Nord yesterday evening – and didn’t stop all the way back to Brizzle. Meh.

seadog101

Typical, got a stretch off work, busy with house stuff (big kitchen/dining room renovation), and a training course. Hoped fit in a ride or two this week, and it’s going to be miserable… Time to man up and get very wet and mucky and cold!

franki
    Free Member

Very wet indeed. What a barrel of laughs this morning’s commute was.
    Hmmm… waterproofs – my ar$e! 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

It started raining somewhere in Pas de Calais Nord

its always raining in Pas de Calais Nord! It’s a French joke 😉

Very funny film:
    Bienvenue chez les Ch’tis

51 seconds in (but the whole trailer is worth watching 🙂 )
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY5cWL4SUmw[/video]

wrightyson
    Free Member

My chain lad will be doing the manholeing, I’ll be at the level end of things!
    Can’t imagine riding in this to be fair, very windy!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Luck commute for me the deluge that was predicted for 8am last night has shifted forward an hour by the morning, just started to begin as I got to work. Hopefully gone by the evening too.

Stoner
    Free Member

One upside to the rain is that it stopped the annoying dry creak I was having trouble finding on the bike… It wont come back now until May next year….

franki
    Free Member

Every cloud, eh, Stoner? 😉

lucien

It wont come back now until May next year….

Really…??????????

ton

was a tad damp………need to waterproof my electrics…… 😀

wwaswas

Went out on Saturday for what I think was probably the last ‘get home with a dusty bike’ ride of the year.

Had a fantastic ride on some of the best surfaces at Stanmer there’s been all year – fast, grippy & dry.

It was a cracker of a ride if it was the last of the summer riding – couldn;t really have asked for better.

Almost looking forward to mud and wet roots now.

Stoner
    Free Member

I went out late 4 or 5 times last week just to ride a set of trails which are almost never dry during night riding hours and I wanted to go all ewok/stormtrooper swooshie on them with the Troutlight 😉

GrahamS

*looks at office radiator festooned with sopping wet commuter gear*

Aye, t’was a tad damp on the way in this morning. 😀

Altura jacket and quick-drying lycra FTW!

Wet feet and shoes full of water FTL. 😕

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Saw the weather forcast last night for floods and mayhem in the SE and developed a cunning plan which turned out like this: ordered ticket online to pickup at the station/took the Brompton/ticket machine wouldn’t accept the card/ticket counter wanted a reference number that I didn’t have so shelled out again/train was late/rain was pathetic so layered waterproofs hot and unnecessary/back of the Shard was blocked to traffic so I had to walk/fell over and skinned my knee/got to work late. Oh, and I’ve got a cold. Gah!

GrahamS

ticket counter wanted a reference number that I didn’t have

This is where smartphones are very useful: check email, produce reference number.

Still impressed that you saw the forecast for floods and mayhem and opted to take the train. That’s usually the first thing to grind to a halt here.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tad wild out there this morning!’ is closed to new replies.