Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tacx Turbo help needed…
  • snax

We the arrival of a new family member, training is somewhat limited for both my wife and me over the winter, so we asked for a Turbo (Tacx Flow) for Christmas thinking this would be a could way to keep the fitness up whilst baby watching…

So, my wife’s five year old road bike fits on fine, however mine less so… I received a new Trek Domane SL Disc in December which has a maxel… so I had to order a new Tacx Axel which arrived today. It’s longer than it needs to be and only just, with slight twisting fits between the trainer lugs (but I guess I can cut it to length). However, the wheel now appears to be to big to fit in as it’s running 700x32c against my wife’s 700x25c. I’m I being thick (I have been up since 4am) will a new training tyre solve the issue? Are we going to be able to get away with one trainer for us both?

snax

Ok, I’ve worked it out… it’s not perfect and will require recalibration every time we switch bikes, but at least I have both bikes fitting and working… now to give that Zwift a go!!!

stumpy01

Hopefully it’s not too much of a faff!

Calibration on my Tax Flow is temperamental at least, because the calibration part of the app gives you no idea if it’s too loose or too tight. If it’s too far out it just says error with calibration…

Hope it works well for you though!

Alex

On my 2240, the app showed you if it was too tight or too loose. It did need you to spin for about 10 mins before you could calibrate it tho. That would get pretty old switching between bikes!

stumpy01

On my 2240, the app showed you if it was too tight or too loose

Yeah, on mine it does that if it is close enough to being pretty much correct.
    If it is outside that band though it doesn’t say ‘much too loose’ or ‘much too tight’ to calibrate.
    Recently when getting back on my Flow after not using it since around March, it took me about 30 mins to get it calibrated; not helped by having to kill the app after every attempt or it wouldn’t let me re-test.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tacx Turbo help needed…’ is closed to new replies.