Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tacx Flux Turbo Trainer: Adapter Woes
  • myopic
    Free Member

A friend has the Tacx Flux set up with wife’s old road bike with QR. He wants to switch to his bike which is a thru-axle road bike (disc brake) but cannot find the adapters for the 135 mm thru-axle on his bike (Giant Defy). I think the adapters are the same for the Tacx Flux and Tacx Neo. Does anyone have either trainer set-up with QR and willing to send on the adapters? Happy to make some reparations and of course cover postage costs.
    These are the parts needed: https://startfitness.co.uk/products/tacx-direct-drive-quick-release-with-adapter-set (£45!)

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of a 135 mm through axle, thought they were only 142mm, with 135 the width for qr disk road bikes! You learn something new every day.

I have had both a neo and a flux and also have a defy, and the 142 through axle included works fine with it

135 through axle adapters aren’t included with either trainer so unlikely anyone has one spare. But my first question is are you sure the defy is not 142 like mine (2019 model)

myopic
    Free Member

Ah, you may well be right tpbiker. I was just going by that link which said it was the adapter needed for disk brake road bike, and listed it as a ‘135 mm thru axle adapter set’ for this purpose. i think on another trainer I had (wahoo) there was one adapter covering both, you just flipped it rond for one or other. His Defy would be 2018 or 2019, I think

tpbiker
    Free Member

Just checked. The one I use with my defy disk 2019/20 is definitely 12x 142 through axle

The 135 adapter that came with it is for qr bikes (it also comes with a 130 qr)

myopic
    Free Member

Thanks, TP – think we have now sourced what is needed from another mate who has all the bits but is only using a QR set-up, so whatever is needed will be in the bag of bits

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.