Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tacloban
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

🙁

Truly awful

MrWoppit
    Free Member

A nause up of immense proportions. It’s going to get very, very , very…

rossi46
    Free Member

Seeing a woman on Sky news holding her dead newborn child was heartbreaking. She had been there for a couple of days not wanting to let go apparently.
    Brings back some horrible memories for me and my wife, but at least we hadn’t endured the strongest storm ever to make landfall and a 7.2 earthquake in the same 6 weeks.
    Words just fail me…..

wolfenstein
    Free Member

🙁

dannybgoode

Genuinely puts our ‘first world problems’ in to perspective.

We are truly blessed to be able to lead the lives we do…

dabble
    Free Member

I second that.

CountZero

Demonstrates just how insignificant our weather ‘disasters’ really are. Tacloban looks like Nagasaki or Hiroshima from the air. So difficult to know how relief could be speeded up, as the only airport is devastated, and has a very short runway anyway, plus power supplies have been destroyed. Heartbreaking, truly. 🙁

Philby

Horrendous situation – hope help gets there imminently. Also long term redevelopment of the area and support for the people needs to be remembered long after it has fallen off the news headlines.

Given a donation to the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal – http://www.dec.org.uk/ – which may help in a very small way.

ton

just seen this on the news.
    why is aid taking so long to get to then?
    what are countries doing to help.
    surely with the size/speed of modern ships equipped with helicopters what is the problem?

surely the countries who are the nearest, say Australia and chine can get something going quickly whilst the rest get there.

takisawa2

+1
    Clean water & food.
    The rest they will (for the most part), sort themselves, but FFS why the wait…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tacloban’ is closed to new replies.