• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by xora.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tablet for less than £150
  • timidwheeler

Anybody recommend a tablet for general surfing/internet TV watching? I’d like it to be reliable and have a nice screen. Not too bothered about sound quality.

Anything better than a 2016 Galaxy tab 10.1 about.

Thanks for any advice.

jekkyl

2nd hand ipad every day. They just work.

SammyC
    Free Member

Also interested in ideas for 7″ Android tablets for the kids to watch films on in the car.

Has to be Android, not an Apple house!

bigyim
    Free Member

I bought a hauwei media pad for 150 from Argos that seems to do everything I’ve wanted it to do very well. Good build quality etc

choppersquad
    Free Member

+1 for the Huawei Mediapad.
    Really happy with mine.

fossy

Amazon Tab 10 – perfectly fine, just loaded with Amazon software, but for the money they are very good.

mehr
    Free Member

A little bit more and slightly different but I recently bought an Asus C101 Chromebook and it’s fantastic for the money (£199).

richmars

I’ve been using a Linx Windows 8 tablet for a few years. Been fine for general surfing if you don’t fancy android.

fossy

Got a Linx 1010B Tablet (as well as the Amazon thingy) with Win 10 (upgraded the OS) and that’s been fine with the keyboard.

There is loads of options for £150, and the screens are all good on them. Just budget a Micro SD card (dirt cheap anyway) for extra storage if you plan downloading movies to watch later (e.g. Netflix).

marcg868
    Free Member

Got a Huawei Mediapad M3 lite if you want it. £80 it’s yours. Great tablet just I missed my iPad so got the iPad pro.

onehundredthidiot

Move to the Scottish borders every kid of school age is getting an iPad.

tails
    Free Member

What are these huawei things like coming from an iPad, they look really good value. Is the OS nice? I’m sure there is nothing worth spying on with me.

timidwheeler

Thanks all and thanks for the offer Marc. I was quite tempted but I’d prefer something with a warranty as tablets are a bit tempermental.

phil5556
    timidwheeler

I understand there is a super-tablet called a Drakseyepad. Anyone got one?

holdsteady

for less than half you budget – Amazon Fire – bought one to use as a kindle, broke screen on ipad so used Amazon Fire as tablet until I could get around to getting screen fixed, never bothered getting ipad fixed as Fire was more than adequate for my needs.

xora

What are these huawei things like coming from an iPad, they look really good value. Is the OS nice? I’m sure there is nothing worth spying on with me.

Mediapad M3 is super laggy at times for no real reason as far as I can see except the software is pretty crappy!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tablet for less than £150’ is closed to new replies.