Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tablet for child use – Huawei Mediapad T5?
  • submarined
    Free Member

The family Galaxy Tab2 is on its last legs and we are looking for a replacement. Ostensibly as ‘mummy and daddy’s’ but a bit more as one our 6 year old can use a bit under our supervision and for films/entertainment on car journeys. Don’t need anything fancy.

Had anyone got a Mediapad T5? (There’s an obvious demographic joke there, but I’m not going to run with it) – price is ok, specs look good, reviews are ok, and if the Chinese government want to try and spy on my son and control his mind, go for it, I can’t even get him to eat fruit cake.
    Any better alternatives on a lowish budget? We’re a Google household so Apple is out, as are Amazon due to their silly app spats. If my son can’t watch a monkey riding backwards on a pig on YouTube I’m not interested.
    Needs to be 10″, BTW.
    Thanks 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Not sure that I would want the chinese government knowing the location of my child and what they were doing onlnine…

submarined
    Free Member

As opposed to Google, Apple, Samsung, or anyone else? I can probably take that calculated risk. He’s not a superhero that they’re likely to kidnap and inject with Adamantium.

johndoh
    Free Member

Adamantium

submarined
    Free Member

He is pretty charming.

superfastjellyfish
    Free Member

So I’ll give you a Huawei Mediapad related answer.

We have a Mediapad T8 LTE (used on Wi-Fi only) and it’s great for the family. We mainly use it for watching films and parent social media browsing. The battery lasts well, it’s quick enough to load apps and we’ve created a child’s google account so we can monitor what the boy installs/watches etc. We even ended up buying a 10″ Huawei Mediapad for my dad to use as his Nexus 7 was getting a little decrepit, it’s so good he refuses to believe we spent only £130 on it!

crazy-legs

I’ve just got a T3. It was given to me for £1 a month extra alongside a new phone when I upgraded so it seemed silly to turn it down. I actually offered it to my sister for her kids but they’ve already got an Amazon Fire so I’ve just kept it.

My Nexus 7 is getting very laggy so this’ll be a decent replacement without being anything spectacular.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tablet for child use – Huawei Mediapad T5?’ is closed to new replies.