Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Table top coffee machine or kettle??
  • carlos
    Free Member

So, the serviced offices that we’re in, are no longer serviced and that includes the removal of the free coffee machine 😥

As there is only two of us, I’m thinking kettle and brew kit on a table in the corner of the office, there is a fridge in the main kitchen but it gets chokka. I’m also liking the idea of a table top machine, Nespresso, Tasimo etc…

Whats the best value table top machine that STW’ers recommend, taking into account the pods/sachets etc..

Cheers

jet26
    Free Member

Nespresso very good – there are usually deals on the machines at certain times of year either online or try department stores.

Pods average about 30p ish a go. Not cheap but a whole lot cheaper than Starbucks or other preferred brand twice a day.

The coffee isn’t as good as fresh grind and a proper espresso machine but lot less messing about in the office. Machine takes up v little space too (have one on my desk)

HansRey

we’ve got a nespresso machine. It’s pretty good and the cost is fine. I like the ease of use and it is fairly clean.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nespresso fan here, in fact in last big office i worked in people had them on their desks despite free coffee machine (which was terrible !). Machines usually available with £30-50 off, personally we have the £100-ish rrp ones and don’t bother with milk frother stuff. Caps are £35p (?) each and ime the non Nespresso ones are not good.

Cheapest option obviously a kettle and tea bags / instant coffee

tomnavman
    Free Member
    i_like_food

Lidl nespresso capsules are alright for work caffeine. Brings cost down to about 22p

mrblobby
    Free Member

From tomnavman’s link… lease a Jura bean to cup for 6.50 a week…

https://www.honestcoffees.com/product/jura-f9-bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-for-offices/

thomthumb
    Free Member

cafiterre or an aero press.

nespresso tastes like nespresso if that makes sense…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Taking a small step back… what sort of coffee do you want to be able to make?

carlos
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member
    Taking a small step back… what sort of coffee do you want to be able to make?

I’ve been on latte and Americanos with fresh milk.

I’d not thought of caffitiaire and there is still a hot water boiler in the kitchen, well at least fir now.

If I end up with better than half decent coffe, i”ll be drinking way too much. Maybe a kettle and some Mellow birds will do

johnhe

I bought a Nespresso for my office. Went halfers with a friend. For the balance of quality/mess/hassle/choice of brew, I personally think Nespresso is hard to beat. I like it much better than any other pod machine I’ve tried.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Table top coffee machine or kettle??’ is closed to new replies.