Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 172 total)
  • 't North-o-Meter
  • Nick

Uncannily accurate, who says the internet isn’t full of really useful stuff

vickypea
    Free Member

95%, phew!!

allthepies
    Free Member

57%.

I feel sullied.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

55%. 😯

I’m away more southern than that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy scored 60% and that equates to Doncaster, it’s about right that since she comes from H’rogate… 😆

andrewh
    Free Member

Sorry, DP

andrewh
    Free Member

100%.
    Born in Nottingham, live in Lincolnshire.
    Have lived in both Fife and Reading,I was expecting these to cancel each other out and leave me back in the midlands.
    Still, better north than south

90% so not bad as i,m from the Peaks and so not “proper” north. Anyway don’t talk to me about the north not being sophisticated I’ve BEEN to Leeds.

tomhoward

Anyway don’t talk to me about the north not being sophisticated I’ve BEEN to Leeds.

😆

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Somewhere near Bournemouth apparently at 12%, reasonably accurate seeing as I am a Londoner

Reckon it was the Bitter question that messed my total up, bit daft when we have Fullers and Youngs in London

aa
    Free Member

62%.
    But with a cockney dad and a leicestershire mum, living in nw leics i’m surprised i’m THAT northern.

coopersport1
    Free Member

10% -born in Oxford most of life in Cornwall makes sense! Even though i’m now Mids

MrSmith
    Free Member

Disappointed with 5% but then I realised it was because there wasn’t ‘none of the above’ as an option and I probably pressed the button with some colloquial affectation that had little meaning outside a grim northern town.

It struck me that only a person from the northern badlands would come up with such a tool as an affirmation of belonging to something that is hardly desirable so as to somehow make themselves feel better about drawing the short straw.
    But then they are a funny lot up there, theses grown men wandering around wearing teenage clothes and hairstyles?? What’s all that about? I’m mean seriously? Jeans with superfluous pockets and hair gel for the over 40’s?? And white trainers? You aren’t telling me you partake in ‘sport’ only that waistline suggests sumo.

crikey
    Free Member

Disappointed with 5% but then I realised it was because there wasn’t ‘none of the above’ as an option and I probably pressed the button with some colloquial affectation that had little meaning outside a grim northern town.

It struck me that only a person from the northern badlands would come up with such a tool as an affirmation of belonging to something that is hardly desirable so as to somehow make themselves feel better about drawing the short straw.
    But then they are a funny lot up there, theses grown men wandering around wearing teenage clothes and hairstyles?? What’s all that about? I’m mean seriously? Jeans with superfluous pockets and hair gel for the over 40’s?? And white trainers? You aren’t telling me you partake in ‘sport’ only that waistline suggests sumo that I’m from Norfolk.

tenfoot

12% for me. My paternal grandmother comes from the northeast, so probably about right.

flap_jack
    Free Member

‘somewhere around Jersey’

that’s rather close for a jokey quiz – I come from the Isle of Wight.

olddog

85% and proud

brakes
    Free Member

Disappointed with 5%… blah blah… grim northern town… blah blah

it’s that JW Meyers flat cap you’re wearing Gary

professor_fate
    Free Member

65% apparently, a bit put out being from within spittin’ distance of the Scottish Border, bah…

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s that JW Meyers flat cap you’re wearing Gary

No it’s a Harris Tweed one made by Failsworths actually.

ross980
    Free Member

“85% northern – somewhere near York.”
    Which is quite bizarre as that’s exactly where I am. I also had chips and gravy yesterday.

highclimber
    Free Member

97%

Spin
    Free Member

How northern am I?

I can drive south for 8 hours and still be in what Englanders call the north.

fathomer

58% apparently, somewhere near Nottingham, which born, bred and living in Leicester isn’t far off the mark 😀

joshvegas
    Free Member

I am so far north its a ‘peh in a roll’ none of this barm nonsense, crispy morning roll at that.

mudshark
    Free Member

0%, quite surprised as I lived in Chester for a while – not really a Northern City I suppose.

ask1974
    Free Member

20% but the arrow was pointed pretty much exactly where I great up / live currently, mid to south Surrey… So how this constitutes 20% is beyond me. But I suppose anything a few yards up so getting your feet wet in the channel is ‘North’ is the most literal sense if not geographically accurate 🙄

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Somewhere quite close to Jersey:-)

pete68
    Free Member

We must meet up fogliettaz as im apparently also in jersey with 7%. I did once go to the Lake District so it must be that

toxicsoks
    Free Member

The results are in! We reckon you’re
    80% northern

That’s somewhere around York.

North Leeds, old cock. 🙂

khani
    Free Member

80% that’s what living in Essex does to you! It’s the pear cider wot done it..
    I only tried it once and all…

Sandwich

100% and living in flat Suffolk. I suppose the 3 years in Tadcaster as a nipper had an effect.

matt_outandabout

95% Baby…

woody21
    Free Member

100% – result

john_drummer
    Free Member

0%, quite surprised as I lived in Chester for a while – not really a Northern City I suppose.

<footie chant> you’re Welsh and you know you are </footie chant> as aimed at Michael Owen 😉

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

It’s broke, it doesn’t do north of the wall

Tiger6791

ChubbyBlokeInLycra – Member
    It’s broke, it doesn’t do north of the wall

That’s not North it’s foreign, just vote Yes 😀

MrOvershoot

95% Middlesbrough apparently
    Odd considering I was born in Nottingham did most of my growing up in Bristol & the Cotswold’s & now live in the north midlands home county of Cheshire 😉

I blame my mother who was from Huddersfield

Mikkel
    Free Member

67 and i am Danish

stewartc
    Free Member

A Philippino friend got 57% without ever being there, of course as a Southerner I explained to him what it was all about.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘'t North-o-Meter’ is closed to new replies.