't North-o-Meter

Home Forum Chat Forum 't North-o-Meter

Viewing 37 posts - 136 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • 't North-o-Meter
  • Premier Icon flap_jack
    Subscriber

‘somewhere around Jersey’

that’s rather close for a jokey quiz – I come from the Isle of Wight.

olddog

85% and proud

brakes

Disappointed with 5%… blah blah… grim northern town… blah blah

it’s that JW Meyers flat cap you’re wearing Gary

65% apparently, a bit put out being from within spittin’ distance of the Scottish Border, bah…

MrSmith

it’s that JW Meyers flat cap you’re wearing Gary

No it’s a Harris Tweed one made by Failsworths actually.

ross980

“85% northern – somewhere near York.”
    Which is quite bizarre as that’s exactly where I am. I also had chips and gravy yesterday.

Spin

How northern am I?

I can drive south for 8 hours and still be in what Englanders call the north.

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

58% apparently, somewhere near Nottingham, which born, bred and living in Leicester isn’t far off the mark 😀

joshvegas

I am so far north its a ‘peh in a roll’ none of this barm nonsense, crispy morning roll at that.

mudshark

0%, quite surprised as I lived in Chester for a while – not really a Northern City I suppose.

ask1974

20% but the arrow was pointed pretty much exactly where I great up / live currently, mid to south Surrey… So how this constitutes 20% is beyond me. But I suppose anything a few yards up so getting your feet wet in the channel is ‘North’ is the most literal sense if not geographically accurate 🙄

fogliettaz

Somewhere quite close to Jersey:-)

pete68

We must meet up fogliettaz as im apparently also in jersey with 7%. I did once go to the Lake District so it must be that

toxicsoks

The results are in! We reckon you’re
    80% northern

That’s somewhere around York.

North Leeds, old cock. 🙂

khani

80% that’s what living in Essex does to you! It’s the pear cider wot done it..
    I only tried it once and all…

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

100% and living in flat Suffolk. I suppose the 3 years in Tadcaster as a nipper had an effect.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

95% Baby…

Premier Icon woody21
    Subscriber

100% – result

0%, quite surprised as I lived in Chester for a while – not really a Northern City I suppose.

<footie chant> you’re Welsh and you know you are </footie chant> as aimed at Michael Owen 😉

It’s broke, it doesn’t do north of the wall

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

ChubbyBlokeInLycra – Member
    It’s broke, it doesn’t do north of the wall

That’s not North it’s foreign, just vote Yes 😀

Premier Icon MrOvershoot
    Subscriber

95% Middlesbrough apparently
    Odd considering I was born in Nottingham did most of my growing up in Bristol & the Cotswold’s & now live in the north midlands home county of Cheshire 😉

I blame my mother who was from Huddersfield

Mikkel

67 and i am Danish

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

A Philippino friend got 57% without ever being there, of course as a Southerner I explained to him what it was all about.

andeh

68% – Doncaster……which is where I live 😯 Spooky

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

It was always chips and curry sauce when I were a lass.
    An 85% for me, which is strange as I was brought up in Cheshire (born in that Manchester), don’t you know.

crikey

85% northern plus added chips and curry…

Are you married, and if not, would you be free on Saturday next? I’m booking the church now.

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

Are you married, and if not, would you be free on Saturday next? I’m booking the church now.

Blushes.
    sadly crikey I am married, to an STWer too, who’s been diagnosed as 100% northern. These are difficult times 😉

crikey

Hmm.

I have already got a 100% northern wife who is a delightful lady, so I’ll just have to struggle on.

😀

Premier Icon tuffty
    Subscriber

93% Proud as I have lived south of Birmingham for 25 years

Premier Icon gonetothehills
    Subscriber

95% – happy days. Not happy about the ‘Middlesbrough’ suggestion though, having been born in Geordieland and living very happily on the edge of the Peak for many a moon.

nbt

Crikey, are you coming to the pootle?

derekfish

0% Somwhere near Jersey.

GEDA

So does the north start and end in Lancashire, Yorkshire? Hadawayanshite that seemed to be a how midlands you are quiz to me.

flicker

nbt – Member
    Crikey, are you coming to the pootle?

?

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

40% – seems fair enough. 75% Yorkshire stock, Lived in Cornwall ’till 22, then London Till 26, Bradford 26-28, a year in Kettermineing Now Bradders again.

However I did once get really confused trying to discern what “Curry Sauce” actually was [the chippy staff didn’t know and were confused that I might want to…]

Viewing 37 posts - 136 through 172 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘'t North-o-Meter’ is closed to new replies.