Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • T-Mobile: a rant in e-minor
  • verses

Due to a leaky sandwich bag my HTC Desire died in last night’s deluge.

I wasn’t too bothered as when my contract ended in December T-Mobile put me on their £10 rolling monthly contract so that I could chop and change and end at any time.

Or so I thought!

It seems that their “ROLLING MONTHLY” contract locks you in for 12 months! WTF is the point of a monthly contract with a much longer fixed term!

Although it was 6 months ago I’m certain I wasn’t told of a fixed term at the time (although it was probably in a letter sent afterwards, the operator didn’t mention it). The main reason I took it up was so that I could have the flexibility to just change my mind as and when!!!

What this means is that I can switch to one of their other deals which are rubbish compared to others I’ve found…

Boo, Hiss and chudflaps…

spooky_b329

I was on their £15 deal, when my contract ended I phoned them up and asked for deal on the website…I think it was 20% off your line rental if you keep the same phone. (making it £12 a month)

Fine they said, 24 month contract! What!!!?! She tried to console me by saying I could upgrade at any time during those 24 months, but I don’t want to be tied to them as currently their tariffs are too high for me. I’ve opted to pay the extra £3 a month so if my phone does die, at least I can ask to close my account and get passed to the special guys that can do price matching etc and hopefully get a £15 ish contract with lots of data.

I’ve found their coverage in conjuction with Orange is excellent though, I’m often the only person to have reception
    in poor areas.

Edit: HTC will attempt to repair your phone, I think there is a fixed price and if it can’t be done, they just charge you for the return postage.

verses

Thanks for the heads up about the repair service.

Mine’s currently in the airing cupboard and I have all limbs crossed that that will fix it. Not overly confident though…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

a fixed term contract is more understandable if you have a subsidised phone to pay off, but not otherwise.

verses

TurnerGuy – Member

a fixed term contract is more understandable if you have a subsidised phone to pay off, but not otherwise.

Indeed, my 18 month fixed term (subsidising the phone) ended in December, which is why I wanted to (and thought I had) switch to a rolling monthly deal till something new and shiny caught my eye.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

If you’re interested I’ve still got my htc desire, 18 months of use so its not mint. If yours doesn’t revive and you’re interested drop me an email.

Kryton57

I’ve found their coverage in conjuction with Orange is rubbish though, I’m often the only person to have no reception
    in high reception areas.

FTFY

spooky_b329

Kryton57

FTFY

Maybe where you live, but its extremely rare I have no service 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘T-Mobile: a rant in e-minor’ is closed to new replies.