• This topic has 74 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Syrian conflict, not the TV or western media propaganda war!
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Anyone interested in doing some research into Syria and the conflict that is devastating the country?

Seen a lot of reports from CNN and FOX, as well as other western sources that is either inaccurate or just plain retarded.

The whole con that has been instigated by outside influences is now falling apart, however before the media changes it’s tune is anyone interested in actually finding out what it going on?

smell_it
    Free Member

Couldn’t you just look into it and let us know?

Jamie
    Free Member

retarded

Can you please stop using words like ‘retarded’ in your threads.

GrahamS

kaesae: just for a change, this time could you possibly provide some kind evidence for your categorical pronouncements of fact, ideally with links to the sources? Please?

The whole “get someone else to ‘research’ it for you then dismiss their findings” approach really isn’t working for me.

GrahamS

Seconded. And you’ve been warned about that before.

AlasdairMc

If you’re so concerned about it, do the legwork yourself. Try al-Jazeera for starters.

kaesae
    Free Member

Many hands make light work and any info I provide will be argued against.

However here is what I firmly believe to have caused it, seeing the protests in the country that have been instigated via media and online means, CIA operatives that are in fact foreign mercenaries paid by the CIA/US took advantage of the situation.

They infiltrated Syria and positioned themselves in an elevated place with sniper rifles then fired into the crowds of protesters and the police/security forces, coming under fire the police and security forces returned fire.

At first there was only a handful of foreign operatives which made it much easier to hide their presence, however inside the borders of Turkey and other neighboring states hundreds more American / Saudi and others of their allies, had funded and equiped fighters were waiting.

These fighters then moved into heavily populated areas and used the buildings and civilians as human shields, being armed with M16 and other US weapons that are far more useful as sniper rifles, they have been able to inflict casualties from a distance.

Yes the Syrian army has used their tanks and mortars etc, however I cannot see that they have any other choice, these are extremist fighters from all over the world, they are using all the tactics you would expect from extremists, car bombs, public executions of men women and children.

What the TV is reporting is just lies, yes the Syrian army will have killed civilians in the cross fire, however a lot of the reports and footage that is coming out of Syria of atrocities commited by the government is in fact being commited by the FSA.

Do you not think that in the interests of fairness and justice, you should be interested in finding out what is actually happening?

kaesae
    Free Member

Al Gazeera has no credibility with anyone that values the truth, they are a propaganda arm for Qatar!

As for not using the word retarded, how is the word retarded not a valid word?

smell_it
    Free Member

Have you had the zombies look into it for you?

kaesae
    Free Member
    nobbyq
    Free Member

what u say there is utter crap ! think u just watched too mant tom clancy films mate !

kaesae
    Free Member

nobbyq, how have you been able to determine that it is utter crap and where is your information to make such a determination coming from?

GrahamS

And that’s bad why? Isn’t that rather the point of a discussion?

What the TV is reporting is just lies…

As I said: links? sources?
    Where are you getting your “truth” from?

As for not using the word retarded, how is the word retarded not a valid word?

Try replacing with “mentally handicapped” and see if that answers your question.
    It’s this generations version of calling someone a “spastic”

chewkw
    Free Member

The western world should mind their own business unless they want to welcome the entire population to the western world. Feed them, house them and give them jobs.

I suggest Dear Leaders start the nuke war once and for all.

kaesae
    Free Member

Grahams although I truly feel that your parents should have been the ones to inform you that assumption is the root of all ignorance. That ignorance is at best a weakness and at worst a prelude to not only disappointment but also potential failure to a catastrophic extent.

I did not at any point say mentally retarded nor did I at any time give any reason for you or anyone else to assume that I meant mentally retarded.

Retarded means the act of delaying as in brain farting, which is anther saying I am known for using. Let us say that in this instance retarded relates to the delayed application or understanding/revealing of the truth!

That when I say retarded what I mean by it is that the lies and falsehoods perpetrated by the media delay the truth, just like Afghanistan and Iraq the truth about the situation we find ourselves in will be revealed.

crikey
    Free Member

Trolling is a bad thing. Why not go to Syriantrackworld instead?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Lazy definitions of trolling is a bad thing too. Having a different opinion is not trolling.

marcus7
    Free Member

Is it opinion? These threads often appear to imply that kaesae already knows the answer and that we are being tested on our knowledge/ ignorance , well in my zombie western understanding anyway. Not that I don’t love a kaesae thread you understand….

kaesae
    Free Member

crikey, this issue is very serious to me, not only because of the devastation that is occurring in Syria but because of the massive gap between what people in the UK believe and the actual truth and facts of the matter.

Anyone arguing that the people of Syria would destroy their history and culture is mad! the extremists are raiding archeological sites and then selling on priceless artifacts. The are destroying sites that are sacred to those who follow Judaism, Christianity and the Muslin culture.

There is no way to reconcile this fact with saying that it is the people of Syria that are fighting.

Add to that the plight of the civilians in Syria who cannot escape the fighting as the refugee camps are controlled by the FSA!

This is a catastrophe that affects everyone that cares about humanity and the way this war is being fought is a true measure of how far into insanity and deprivation the so called civilized west has fallen.

Although I realize there are far more important matters to be discussed by the vast majority of individuals that frequent this forum and make up it’s community, I am hoping that there are some beings left on STW who have enough depth of understanding and compassion towards others to realize, this is a very important issue.

crikey
    Free Member

Lazy definitions of trolling is a bad thing too. Having a different opinion is not trolling.

Having a different opinion and posting it up in a deliberately antagonistic way with the intention of provoking responses which can then be argued against strikes me as a pretty clear trolling attempt.

YMMV.

warton
    Free Member

i just looked up Syria on maps on my new iPhone 5. Didn’t know it was just south of Rotherham?

kaesae
    Free Member

crikey, I cannot be held accountable if the truth is antagonistic.

What I have said is in all honesty my opinion of the events, that I have come to through research.

This is a serious issue, what if we simply agreed to look for evidence or information and then try to eliminate it using logical analysis.

Surely on an issue this serious it would be good to determine the truth, not only of what is happening in Syria but also if the broad spectrum media is a reliable unbiased source of info?

crikey
    Free Member

Do you know what this is?

It appears that you are using one on the English language. Troll.

crikey
    Free Member

This is a serious issue, what if we simply agreed to look for evidence or information and then try to eliminate it using logical analysis.

Surely on an issue this serious it would be good to determine the truth, not only of what is happening in Syria but also if the broad spectrum media is a reliable unbiased source of info?

Knock yourself out fella, you go and research what ever is interesting you at the moment. I’m taking a break from sorting my stuff out for the 3 Peaks, and Syria and its attendant problems are not a concern to me today.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

What the TV is reporting is just lies, yes the Syrian army will have killed civilians in the cross fire, however a lot of the reports and footage that is coming out of Syria of atrocities commited by the government is in fact being commited by the FSA.

As you have asked others can I ask for the source of your information please. Conspiracy theorists websites not acceptable as evidence.

marcus7
    Free Member

Er hang on, you’ve just changed track a bit there with the whole stealing artifacts thing or is this another part of your issue with the war in syria? As for its importance to the users of singletrack, well i’d imagine that most will be aware of the reporting of what is happening and i personally dont think the BBC are in the back pocket of the CIA/ MI6 ( i’ve no proof of course). The difference is probably that most people dont see it the way you appear to.

chewkw
    Free Member

kaesae – Member
    Add to that the plight of the civilians in Syria who cannot escape the fighting as the refugee camps are controlled by the FSA!

I foresee another war after this war … 🙄

bencooper
    Free Member

Means, motive, opportunity.

So, firstly – how would the CIA “infiltrate” Syria with sniper rifles? Could the Syrian secret service infiltrate the UK with sniper rifles without anyone noticing? I highly doubt it, and there’s no reason to suspect the Syrian security is any less than ours.

Secondly, why? Iraq had oil, and a leader who had made personal enemies of the US president. Assad wasn’t Washington’s favourite dictator, but what’s the motive?

TooTall
    Free Member

CIA operatives that are in fact foreign mercenaries paid by the CIA/US took advantage of the situation.

Source please.

kaesae
    Free Member

Pebblebeach how can any source of information be discredited regardless of the validity of the information or ability of the information to be corroborated.

To state categorically that those who investigate such occurrences that do not match the events that are reported in the broad spectrum corporate media or by government bodies, as not being credible, is to ignore the possibility of the truth being determined by the evidence and the facts. Rather than by bodies of individuals that have a vested financial interest in reporting what they are told too.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Pebblebeach how can any source of information be discredited regardless of the validity of the information or ability of the information to be corroborated.

But you’re discrediting mass media

What’s your information source? Simple enough question.

GrahamS

Retarded means the act of delaying as in brain farting

Does it?

retarded (adj): less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one’s age
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/retarded?q=retarded

retarded (adj): having had a slower mental development than other people of the same age
    mentally/emotionally retarded
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/retarded_1?q=retarded

retarded (adj): sometimes offensive : slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress
    http://i.word.com/idictionary/retarded

retarded (adj) 1 slowed down or delayed. 2 old use said of a person: backward in physical or especially mental development.
    http://www.chambers.co.uk/search.php?query=Retarded&title=21st

Just don’t use it, okay?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Happy to help pay for you to go there and do some research for us

Deary me Kaesae you would not recognise the truth if it introduced itself to you , shook by the hand and then drew you a really simple picture

I am sure there is a suitable site where you can discuss your wild and out there conspiracy theories. I assume by now you have realised that this is not the place for this what with us being rational and you being , well, you.

konabunny
    Free Member

assumption is the root of all ignorance

I thought it was ginseng?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I am sure there is a suitable site where you can discuss your wild and out there conspiracy theories. I assume by now you have realised that this is not the place for this what with us being rational and you being , well, you.

You probably ought to explain why kaesae gets multi-page responses to his threads if “this is not the place” for them.

Personally I don’t get involved in kaesae’s threads preferring instead the role of causal observer, but many people, GrahamS for example, appear to find them quite irresistible.

And challenging perceived truths certainly makes a difference to the predictable and deary old “we all hate fat people/politicians/Tesco/etc/etc” threads.

bol

Is it wrong to call someone a tit? That’s the response this thread is eliciting from me.

crikey
    Free Member

Personally I don’t get involved in kaesae’s threads preferring instead the role of causal observer, but many people, GrahamS for example, appear to find them quite irresistible.

Preferring instead to tut and shake your head more like.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

And challenging perceived truths certainly makes a difference to the predictable and deary old “we all hate fat people/politicians/Tesco/etc/etc” threads.

indeed, its a shame he cannot express himself more succinctly,but plenty of marks for effort.

It is one of the founding principles of Buddhism, not to accept the given, but to be ever critical– not that i’m a Buddhist,you need the option of targeted violence towards your adversaries 😉

kaesae
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Preferring instead to tut and shake your head more like.

Silly comment Crikey, which I assume was made in the spirit of petty schoolyard taunting. I don’t have any strong opinions regarding kaesae’s threads. There is often an element of truth in what he says, although he often exaggerates and over-eggs the pudding imo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Syrian conflict, not the TV or western media propaganda war!’ is closed to new replies.