Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Syria – who is on what side?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The irresistible lure of risk taking inevitably leads to seemingly intelligent people doing stupid things.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The irresistible lure of risk taking inevitably leads to seemingly intelligent people doing stupid things.

Ok, so no need to read the book. Pretty good precis of several hundred pages. 😀

Or did you mean the current situation?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

@ rogerthecat – I was merely responding to mashiehood’s question.

I’m sure your book is an excellent read 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I resemble that comment 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I’m sure your book is an excellent read

Well it was until you revealed the plot. 😀

mashiehood
    Free Member

anyone for tea and biscuits at the local mosque

Free tea and biscuits at the local mosque

mightymule
    Free Member

What’s so wrong with giving arms to the side that we support? After all, that’s what we did with Afghanistan and Iraq, and NOTHING went wrong there……

06awjudd
    Free Member

Patriot pro?

wrecker
    Free Member

That story make me feel happy and sad at the same time. Sad that the protesters know so little of normal muslims other than the fear of the unknown and hate fed to them by bigoted manipulators. Happy that the mosque worshipers recognise this, and this fairly simple act of kindness will have hopefully changed (albeit maybe only a few) peoples perceptions.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Patriotpro probably thinks they are just doing reconnaissance on their enemy prior to war

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Biscuits laced with the same drugs that are in the vaccines in the Indian sub-continent, they will make all white, Anglo Saxon, Christians infertile – EAT THEM AT YOUR PERIL!!! 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I once told a local muslim shopkeeper that I had always wanted to go inside a mosque. No problem he said, any friday you want just let me know and you can come with me to friday prayers. So the very next friday I went to the local mosque with him, it was a truly fascinating and brilliant experience. I spent about an hour there being shown around but what impressed me most was just how friendly and welcoming they were. The imams went out of their way to focus on what muslims and christians shared in common, rather than any differences, something which they clearly relished doing. They also constantly urged me to ask questions. All in all a tremendously worthwhile experience imo and I would urge other non-muslims to do the same.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Yup. Went on the school trips with my 2 to a Mosque, Gurdwara, Synagogue and Church – have to say the warmest greetings we had were at the Mosque and Gurdwara. Very gentle and gave as much time as the kids wanted to ask questions. Unfortunately we have a bit of an odd local vicar so he did not come out of it at all well.

mashiehood
    Free Member

When i was a little lad, i used to come home from school, scoff my dinner and run as fast as i could to my local mosque because it was an absolute hoot 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Syria – who is on what side?’ is closed to new replies.