Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Syntace X12/Yeti ASR5 chipset…
  • davetrave
    Free Member

So reading some of the other recent threads has spurred me on to upgrading the rear axle to 142x12mm. Just been checking assorted sites, including Yetifan, and I can only find the Shimano chipset/Maxle skewer. I’m pretty sure from looking in the past that there was a Syntace version as well, that used a DT Swiss RWS skewer.

[bike tart]I’ve got a DT fork and QR15 skewer on the front so want to match up on the rear if I can[/bike tart[].

Anybody know where/whether there’s still a Syntace chipset available…?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Syntace X-12 axle is simple and cheap(ish) which requires an alan key, I think they are about £20. The DT Swiss is the same X-12 design, but a tool free version at about £50.
    Not sure if you know, but they (Syntace/DT Swiss X-12) appear to be a slightly different design to the others etc.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

What’s a chipset?

EDIT

Yeti Dropout Chip Kit (142mm x 12mm thru axle)

– Yeti chip system dropouts
    Shimano specific – you must use a 12mm Shimano (or Shimano compatible) thru axle with these dropouts.
    – Converts frames and swingarms from QR 135 to 12mm x 142mm
    – For use with ASR-5, ASR-C, Big Top, SB66, 575 and SB95 (from 2011 onwards)

bigjim

I just bought the shimano one, the whole operation is expensive enough already. If you are converting Hope hubs etc make sure you get the X12 axle not just the 12mm axle.

Gee76
    Free Member

The Dt rws is a nice solution albeit a fancy wingnut with repositionable handle. Was about £23 at crc so not too bad considering. Make sure you get the newer cheaper one tho, its tapered at the handle end. The older original composite rws had a flat seat at the handle end which won’t work. I fell foul of this courtesy of crc’s habit of putting up the wrong piccies!

Nice upgrade by the way. Makes for a really solid fit of back wheel in frame. Bit pricey tho.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

@davetrave, it used to be syntace or dt swiss but now Yeti just use the 142×12 chipset and Shimano axle:Yetifan Store

That’s what I run on my ASR5c anyway

davetrave
    Free Member

@davetrave, it used to be syntace or dt swiss but now Yeti just use the 142×12 chipset and Shimano axle:Yetifan Store

Yeah, that’s all I’ve been able to find.

B.A.Nana – Member
    What’s a chipset?

EDIT

Yeti Dropout Chip Kit (142mm x 12mm thru axle)

– Yeti chip system dropouts
    – Shimano specific – you must use a 12mm Shimano (or Shimano compatible) thru axle with these dropouts.
    – Converts frames and swingarms from QR 135 to 12mm x 142mm
    – For use with ASR-5, ASR-C, Big Top, SB66, 575 and SB95 (from 2011 onwards)

There used to be a Syntace X12 chipset as well, that came with a DT RWS skewer. Looks like its been phased out and I’ve missed the boat…

[bike tart]Oh well, looks like mis-matched front and rear it will have to be…[/bike tart]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Syntace X12/Yeti ASR5 chipset…’ is closed to new replies.