Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Syncing a Huawei calendar
  • paul4stones

My wife has a Huawei P8 running android. I assumed the calendar would automatically be linked to her gmail account and that she could share it with my gmail calendar.

Apparently not. My calendar is displayed on her phone but none of it is displayed if you look at her gmail calendar on the PC and stuff she enters on the phone doesn’t appear on mine. As far as I can see the in-built calendar app on the Huawei doesn’t easily sync with a google calendar. Is this correct or am I missing something really obvious?

scaredypants

why doesn’t she just use gmail on the huawei ?

jeffl

Just install the the Google calendar app on the phone.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep google calendar, fixes it all

paul4stones

Ok. So now the google calendar app shows the phone calendar as well but how do I get that onto the actual google calendar so it can share with mine? And what are Huawei up to making an android calendar that doesn’t automatically sync with google?

brooess
    Free Member

Tell her to email the Chinese military, they’ll be able to tell her everything that’s in her calendar 🙂

paul4stones

Maybe they could arrange to collect the kids for me too.

scaredypants

Duh, meant calendar, not mail up ^ there

WHen she’s on her PC and looking at her google calendar, can that calendar share with you ?
    If she’s using the same account it should “just work” I think

now the google calendar app shows the phone calendar as well

(oh, I see – she needs to dump the phone calendar and just use google, I think)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t use the phone calendar, add the events to a google calendar on her google account – or link the phone calendar to the google account

lexinoo
    Free Member

I have a p8,ive been messing with the calendar tonight ,i put some dates onto google calendar on the lap top earlier and they didnt show up immediately on the phone but. when i checked about 20 minutes later they were all on there.

paul4stones

Yep. I’ve put the google calendar on the phone and she can use that from now on. There’s a lot of stuff on the phone calendar which is displayed on the google calendar phone app but not on the google calendar. Is there an easy way to get that phone calendar info shared? I can’t see one. Maybe via an exchange account but putting a gmail address into that isn’t allowed….

paul4stones

lexinoo – yes, it works that way but it doesn’t seem to go from the phone app to the google calendar.

scaredypants

can you get the phone calendar to export a .cal(? or whatever) file ?

lexinoo
    Free Member

Oh yes,just tried it and it doesn’t work on mine either.Downloaded google calendar app and it was all there immediately.Thanks for pointing that out.

paul4stones

Can’t easily see a .cal
    Seems there isn’t an easy way to export a local calendar

paul4stones

Sorted by installing an app to create an iCal file which could then be imported to the Google calendar on PC.

Phew! Thanks all.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Syncing a Huawei calendar’ is closed to new replies.