Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sx trail Fork opinion?
  • fatboyslim
    Free Member

Currently riding a santa cruz V10 04 model, and was thinking about changing to something less DH specific.
    I was biking in Les arcs and one of the Guides had a SX trail which he really rated. I ride a onone summer for UK xc type riding, and the V10 for the alps and Cwmcarn and other DH tracks in S wales, I ride fast but I don't race so don't need a specific DH bike.

One slight negative thing I thought I had, was that I am use to a set of Marzocchi triple clamps on the front of my bike when riding big and fast. and the thought of going from 8 inch triple to 7 inch single crown does not really appeal to me. I did think about swapping forks over, but I really don't want to alter the geometry of the frame, and that extra inch way well make the bike handle awkwardly or just make the bike ride different in a negative way. Also the waranty of the frame is under doubt if the size of the fork is over 170.

Then on dirt website, there's photos of Sam and Brandon new bikes for the world champ and there they have sx trails with triple clamps.

So any sx trail riders here? Has anyone changed over the forks?
    To the rest of STW'ers, What are your thoughts on sticking a pair Triple clamps on a bike that was not really designed for it, but should be able to handle them?

grumm
    Free Member

Have you tried the SX trail yet? My mate sometimes uses his in preference to his Trek Session 88 on certain DH races. That's with Fox 36 Vans btw

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

I had an 06 SX Trail that I fitted with Boxxer Rides (170mm). It worked very well and I loved the confidence boost that looking at dual crown forks can sometimes give you 🙂

That one was stolen & replaced with an 07 with Van 36s. Hated those so replaced with Totem coils – excellent forks & better damped than the Boxxers.

Both SX's rode very well when used as a mini-DH bike but too ponderous for much else – quantocks riding was very hard work!

I guess you could lower newer Boxxers down to 170/180 if you really wanted to go with dual crowns or you could try totems/lyriks etc.

Either way the SX is a great bike – I sold mine to get a DH bike but I do miss it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sx trail Fork opinion?’ is closed to new replies.