Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Switching bank account – is there a way I can do this?
  • sc-xc

We currently have a ‘premier’ current account with TSB which is where our wages are paid into.

A lump of money is then transferred to a ‘classic’ TSB current account which is where our direct debits and standing orders are paid from. We call this our bill account.

We want to switch banks and end up with just one account where all wages are paid into and all bills are paid from. We like the look of Starling bank, and are ready to start the switching process.

I’ve just thought though, should I lump everything into one TSB account before I switch? Is there a way around this?

scotroutes

Just open the one account, let the banks handle the DDs and tell your employers your new account details.

sc-xc

Just open the one account, let the banks handle the DDs and tell your employers your new account details.

Thanks, so we tell our employers the date, and just switch the ‘bill’ account over to the new one?

lunge

Thanks, so we tell our employers the date, and just switch the ‘bill’ account over to the one?

Pretty much, yes.
    The banks are well set-up to do this and offer guarentees about how quickly they’ll do it and what will happen to the DD’s. I’ve done this a few times and never had any issues
    The 2 accounts won’t give them any headaches.
    Edit, you will need to tell the bank you’re joining that there are 2 accounts being merged into 1.

sc-xc

Thanks both, it’s always much easier to come here for advice!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Switching bank account – is there a way I can do this?’ is closed to new replies.