Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Switch to van
  • parkesie
    Free Member

Basicly ive been tooling around in a honda civic estate and its great for lugging bikes and kit around And having had it for over a year and never having the seats up its become obvious that it might aswell be a van.
    Ive come across a fiat fiorino van for pittance with some suspension damage. How much will i regret swapping to a tractor engined fiat tipo?

This is the chicken shed in question.

andyl
    Free Member

if its a turbo diesel then it should be easily fettled with to give it some grunt.

parkesie
    Free Member

1.7td not sure id want it to have much grunt with it being tall and on skiny wheels

falkirk-mark

Check out your insurance costs before purchasing as I am sure they(vans) are a lot dearer to insure than a car.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Also I have found out that you cant go to the dump with a van!

project
    Free Member

ensure the insurance comapny know its not for work as then the insurance is cheaper, also get a tax disc , theres none in the picture.

angryratio
    Free Member

How much is it?

Only you can get the doblo which replaced it or a berlingo for chicken feed if you look hard…

Oh and it’s even more ancient than the tipo underneath.
    It’s a uno..!

parkesie
    Free Member

insurance is roughly the same as my current car It has no tax or mot hence mucho cheapness.

its up for £395 with 78k on the clock

jam-bo

Also I have found out that you cant go to the dump with a van!

You can round here unless its signwritten.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Mine have a strict No van policy. Best of with a big estate. Or as one of the local man with van types has, a toyota people carrier with a trailer the size of a caravan! Gets away with it

bullheart
    Free Member

It’s agricultural, but excellent. I had one for a while. Let me know if you’re not going to buy it…

parkesie
    Free Member

Bullheart can you recall what it was like on fuel?

bullheart
    Free Member

Very good. Around 45-50mpg as I recall. Although not as good as my old Skoda Cube van, which ran on chip fat!

parkesie
    Free Member

Think ill have a good climb all over it on monday and see how badly damaged the front shock is. Worst case i fix hate it and sell on for a bit more than i paid for it but with mot.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Oi Bulleheart – are you coming to the BBB?

It is selling out and I need to get you VIP camping

bullheart
    Free Member

Nope. Holiday I’m afraid… 🙁

The others are though I think. Have you posted on the FB page?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Lots of the others are coming, I just hadn’t spotted your name on the list so thought I would check. Enjoy your holiday!

I can see why you are advocating driving slowly in the other thread parkesie – not much choice in that pile. Hope you pull over to let me by as I smoke past in my 2.5l 170bhp stonking great 4×4…. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

#Will iut have a lower speed limit being a commercial vehicle?

I could be wrong teej, but I’d say no, as it’s a car derived van. Whether or not it can maintain the maximum speed limits is another question though 😉

parkesie
    Free Member

decided not to go with the van it would do my nut far to noisy. Ill stick with the estate till it falls apart.

It would do 70 but my hearing would be shot 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

If you’ve not put your seats up in over a year is it worth taking them out (a bit like an Astra van)?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Switch to van’ is closed to new replies.