Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Swinley
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’m thinking of heading over there tomorrow but haven’t been there for almost a year; what’s it like at the moment? Is there any new sections of trail I should be looking out for?

Cheers folks.

catfood
    Free Member

Dry, dry, dry.

There`s a new bit opposite the entrance to the tank trap.

mikey74
    Free Member

Where’s the tank trap?

16stonepig
    Free Member

The Gorrick Enduro is running there tomorrow, so a large amount of the singletrack will be taped off.

You could always enter and get a free tour of the good stuff.

mikey74
    Free Member

Oh crap, so looks like Swinley is out then. Guess I’ll head over to the North Downs instead.

catfood
    Free Member

Tank Trap, from the Lower Star Post facing south (toward the mtb area) its off to the right on the third path to the left of the blue pipes. The new bit of track is on the left before the entrance to the Tank Trap.

mikey74
    Free Member

Lower Star Post

Is that the one at the bottom of the hill near the jump gully?

catfood
    Free Member

No at the opposite end of that double track tho, turn right at the big grid near the jump gulley not left.

njee20
    Free Member

Just do the Gorrick Enduro, it’ll be a good laugh, I’ll be in the 3 lap event.

catfood
    Free Member

What sort of route are they gonna do?

16stonepig
    Free Member

Usually it’s pretty much all of the singletrack within Swinley, although sometimes in funny directions, with a few bits of fireroad thrown in.
    Also some tracks outside the MTB area where you can’t normally go.

Should be a 10 mile lap. I’m entering for 5 laps – did it last year and was the last finisher!

mikey74
    Free Member

As I said, looks like I’ll give it a miss tomorrow then…North Downs here I come :mrgreen:

dobo
    Free Member

i’m going to do 3 laps too woohoo!

flamejob
    Free Member

I’m avoiding Swinley too Mikey74; starting at Peaslake at 11.20

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Swinley’ is closed to new replies.