Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • SWINLEY XMAS RIDE >>> BURN OFF THAT TURKEY FAT
  • bigdaddy

I’ll def be there, looking forward to burning off some excess! Driving a bright blue Focus, with a green Ellsworth Truth, and knowing no-one… Also trying out my Christmas HiLo seat dropper for the first time.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Short and sweet ride guys, enjoyed that a lot this morning. Big thanks to Richard for showing us around and a big shout to Andy for the new clipless pedal humour. I counted 12 dismounts, good effort!

oliverholder
    Free Member

Afternoon chaps, was a good ride this morning thoroughly enjoyed it, massive thanks to Richard for leading, was nice to finally ride all the trails that swinley has to offer. Looking forward to seeing some of the videos soon dean, can’t beleive we saw AMBER! Get in

smoothchicken

Good fun this morning well done Oli for organising and Richard for directing, chapeau to Andy for the dismounting display!

makkag
    Free Member

Yep very enjoyable morning thanks Rich and Oli and everyone who came along and made it so enjoyable . I am about 6 minutes into a video at the moment .. will be the first one i try to edit as have about 2 hours so go kind. Rich Oli and any others well up for any weekend in Jan if you set something up .. Adam picked the wrong day to try out Spd’s for the first time .. After you lot left he rolled up to me an just fell sideways so that was 13 !! Thanks again great to meet you and i will get some video’s up of us pinning it and grabbing the big air ! well pootling along anyhoos !

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

7th Jan looks good?

makkag
    Free Member

works for me and i know adam will be up for it

ask1974
    Free Member

Yep, that was fun. Kind of knew it was going to be a good day after my arrival… Random lady evicts about ten dogs from her car all over the car park and starts hopping around yelling “SLOW DOWN” – as I corner at around 5mph. Don’t you just love the irony of people creating a situation then becoming irate with anyone who should have the misfortune to becoming part of it. 😕

Really enjoyed the ride and massive thanks to Richard for leading.

Oh, smoothchicken… I got your little tumble on vid. Not the whole of it but most 😀

Well done all and Happy New Year. Will try to make the next ride as well.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Lovely ride earlier dudes I will be up for more if these. Looking forward ti vid of me mincing down that drop in. All drugged up in codene now off to docs in mornibg as back still so bad. Happy new year!

makkag
    Free Member

just trancoding the video atempt now 30% done will be up by morning so feel free to check back will add here

makkag
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9tYeaNFpVE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hi Chaps here is my first effort , only shows some of what we did & the speeded up section was much better before it rendered as the frame rate was skipping giving it a better effect but meh, ,will get some more footage up when i have some time, but for now i hope you enjoy

ask1974
    Free Member

Outstanding… takes a while to pull these things together so top marks. Really appreciate time taken to produce the vid and provide us all with a video memory.

Till the next one.

Oh, and apologies to Smoothchicken… it was not you who who stumbled but our videographer 🙂

Reluctant
    Free Member

Good work, Makkag – nice vid! Good to see your mates helped you up after your little crash at Sandy Gully…….well, it’s the thought that counts, i guess! 😉

I forgot all about this one and did a solo ride – but I’m sure I saw you guys – I was out on my un-marked black hardtail, wearing a purple nineties Pertex 😆

makkag
    Free Member

cheers chaps glad you enjoyed it .. was my first atempt at a video took about 5 hours and two bottles of wine but very happy to do it with some tunes in the background .. to be honest once i got the hang of the software it was just waiting for some of the larger clips to load (1 hour)

Until next time

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Hey reluctant you passed by us at stickler.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Well done makkag, sterling effort.

sugdenr
    Free Member

I can do 7th and in riding Swinley tomorrow, if anyone fancies coming email me in profile.

bigdaddy

Loved it too – both the ride and the video. Need more of the spd falls though! Good to meet y’all, and ride great trails. I must return the favour and lead at Pitch hill one day soon… I ride there every Sunday that I’m not racing at 8.30 Sunday mornings

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Has anyone else forgotten everyones real names already and cant remember who us who?

bigdaddy

Yep – I’m def in that position! I’m Andrew – on the Ellsworth, if that helps…

smoothchicken

Cracking vid makkag, appreciate the time and effort. Makes a change not me taking a tumble, but it is my fat ass in the way in the first couple of mins though, Dave’s fat ass that is, on the blue Cotic! Luckily I’m back to Swinley tomorrow early doors 7:45ish if anyone’s there, may well be up for the 7th too.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

The 7th sounds good, we said we’d email Richard -sugdenr- our addys and he would email all as a group. doesn’t have to be Swinley, maybe it’s time we headed to asks neck of the woods? Just a thought. If not, Swinley is fine.

ask1974
    Free Member

Ooohhhhh…that was close. Almost had the chance to come up again tomorrow but one of my lot needs to be back for 11am, won’t allow enough time with travel included.

Next week is fine though. Ti_pin_man I’d like to bring one of my lot up to Swinley (he’ll love it) so if Sugdenr and / or smoothchicken are around we can have another run round the woods. How about it guys?

smoothchicken

Managed another 3hrs or so at Swinley again this morning, and met up with Sugdenr, ended up with one of my mates having to get five stitches in his eye after coming off at the Labryinth and I had a big fail in jump Gully, hey ho! May be up for something on the 7th.

ask1974
    Free Member

Blimey… Someone will have a sore head this morning regardless of what they drank. Hope he’s alright. I had a very muddy four hours riding locally (Gibbet Hill). Brilliant fun. Definitely up for Swinley on the 7th, how does the Gully stand up to rain? I imagine it gets quite greasy.

Anyway. Happy New year chaps. Catch you soon.

superfli
    Free Member

Looks like you had fun guys! Conditions looked great.
    I’ve only been to Swinley once, so not very familiar with the trails, what was the name of the first bermy trail in that vid? It seems to go on for ages, and I’m sure I never did that when I went. Ta

r6ymy
    Free Member

Is anyone still planning to ride Swinley tomorrow?

PaulD
    Free Member

Makkag,

Excellent vid…..I just love the honesty in showing the crash and other potential ‘out-takes’ (or is it take-outs?).

This really showed the gradients and the speeds involved…quite a rare thing.

Wished I could have been there….after the recent rain it will be a mudfest for a while.

PaulD

boobs

I’m aiming to be there tomorrow about 9.30ish, black scandal. Am assuming it will be sodden by the go ape gate.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Looks like Oli has had his bikes knicked poor chap, so on the off chance keep an eye out for black Cameleon or white DMR

smurf
    Free Member

Family & work commitments kept me away during the holidays but I might be able to make the 7th.

I’ll keep an eye out on this thread for details.

Simon

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Overslept on 29th and couldnt get there in time, video looks great.

Is the ride on tomorrow?

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘SWINLEY XMAS RIDE >>> BURN OFF THAT TURKEY FAT’ is closed to new replies.