Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • SWINLEY XMAS RIDE >>> BURN OFF THAT TURKEY FAT
  • oliverholder
    Free Member

Morning Gents,

Following on from a theme from yesterday, I wanted to see if anyone fancied a post xmas ride around the 29th/30th taking down the best trails at Swinley, hopefully with the aid of someone who really knows them! With the potential of finding a watering hole for a brew afters?

Cheers

scud
    Free Member

I would like to join and would be happy to show anyone around, but I cannot do those dates sorry as away in Norfolk.

But i can recommend the Golden Retriever for a post ride ale.

oliverholder
    Free Member

Hi Scud, when are you around then maybe after new years? 2nd january perhaps??

weeksy

I’ll have some of that mate yeah.

sugdenr
    Free Member

My xmas motto is to try and ride every day over the period (on my hopefully soon to be complete BFe). So as I am a Swinley local I am happy to oblige.

ask1974
    Free Member

You’ve stolen my thread… 😀

Yeah, I’m up for this and the sooner the better. 2nd or 7th would be fine for me.

oliverholder
    Free Member

Sugden, id love to ride every day 🙂

Weeksy when are you around then lets get it nailed to a certain day 🙂

weeksy

29/30/whenever really

oliverholder
    Free Member

How do people feel about riding on the 29th and then on the 2nd??whose in?

scud
    Free Member

i’m up for the 2nd.

Paceman
    Free Member

What are the trail conditions like at Swinley over the winter?

weeksy

potentially yes to both.

weeksy

Paceman – Member

mostly great

boltonjon

I’ll be happy to help on Jan 2nd – Scud knows the trails but i know where all the best hills are!!! 😀

sugdenr
    Free Member

you can ride swinley pretty much any conditions, its just best to avoid certain trails if its too wet and/or when they start to get churned up.

oliverholder
    Free Member

seems like the second is sounding good 🙂 love a good climb i think ….

smoothchicken

Should be able to get my passport stamped for the 29th. Haven’t been to Swinley for ages and could do with someone showing me round properly!

ask1974, would be there next Tuesday but still working.

oliverholder
    Free Member

so smoothchicken, me and weeksy so far for the 29th, however im no trail expert, ask1974 sorry about the hijack btw you in for the 29th and 2nd?

ask1974
    Free Member

I’ll need to clear it with residential management services but should be able to swing one of the days. 29th might be the best for me. My only request would be for an early start. Always easier to accommodate riding and family if the two don’t overlap too much.

oliverholder
    Free Member

sounds good to me ask1974, how early are we talking and after Swinley being in MBUk i dare say every tom dick and harry probably go now, saying that i only know about the trails there from on here and haveonly been a handfull of times, 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

I could be up for this, most likely 29th, but no idea what I’m up to over the festive period!

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

i’d be up for the 29th, if fat and slow riders are welcome.

oliverholder
    Free Member

any age, any ability, any size, its just to get out and have some fun

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

then i’ll be there, i have a ton of brownie point to redeem so will get a pass no probs.

oliverholder
    Free Member

nice one kev, need a good group of us and make a fun day of it 🙂 no pun intended but im sure my mate dave will come down

PaulD
    Free Member

I will come if it’s the 02 January (as well as the one posted yesterday for the end of January).

Cannot make December 2011.

Trails are currently a bit muddy in places, but the newly-crowned trails are also very slippery on non-sticky tyres.
    Pays your money and takes your chance…
    It is improving year-on-year for all-year-round riding, but as stated above, some trails are best left alone.

PaulD

oliverholder
    Free Member

Paul D, be good to get a group for the 2nd as well, I’ll be there 🙂

like i said before i’ve only ridden a couple of the trails at swinley

ask1974
    Free Member

Oliverholder, I’m a ridiculously early riser so could easily make an 8am start even with a 45m drive but 9am is probably a bit more realistic…

oliverholder
    Free Member

9am sounds good with me, that’ll keep the missus happy 😉 hows everyone else fixed for a 9am start on the 29th?? meet at the lookout car park?

weeksy

All good. under the wooden gazebo thing?

I’ll be on a black Giant 29er.

I’ve ridden every inch of Swinley, however i can’t promise to find all the trails quickly lol.

oliverholder
    Free Member

sounds good ill be on a black santa cruz

ask1974
    Free Member

Blimey that was close 😳

Family day with relatives on the 29th but guess where… Windlesham, all of 10 minutes down the road 😛

Unless sh*t happens I’ll be there for 9am and should be able to do a good couple of hours before the phone starts ringing!

Oh, I’ll have the Silver Orange Five.

oliverholder
    Free Member

ask 1974 >> touch

makkag
    Free Member

oooh been wanting to ride swinley for a while .. perfect excuse 29th 9 am i would be happy to join in , not the fittest or the fastest, but allways up for a ride

Cube HT

oliverholder
    Free Member

niiiiiice lots of riders 🙂 good times 🙂

ruscle
    Free Member

Is this an open invite as may try and make the 29th? How long are you guy’s looking at riding for as will have to get back home to fit time in with the family?

oliverholder
    Free Member

ruscle – open invite the more the merrier, im not sure how long we will end up being out for, at least 2-3 hours?? lookout at 9am

weeksy

Sounds about right Oli yeah.

Of course it’s open invite… we can point anyone back to the car-park farily easily.

ruscle
    Free Member

Sweet should be able to make that as 2-3 hours means I will be back home for when my daughter wakes from her knap. Cheers guy’s looking forward to it.

oliverholder
    Free Member

Good stuff, this should be a good day out, but does anyone actually know the trails??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘SWINLEY XMAS RIDE >>> BURN OFF THAT TURKEY FAT’ is closed to new replies.