Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • swinley on Saturdays?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Morning. ..

Would 4ish in the afternoon be the best time to go today? Will the hordes have gone for their bbq’s?

Cheers

JEngledow
    Free Member

4ish this morning was probably a better time!

daftvader
    Free Member

😆

ChrisI

Never been that late before on a Saturday afternoon, but made the mistake of trying to get in at 11am before and it was chaos! Definitely earlier the better but it should start tailing off by 4pm, I would guess by 5/6pm it would be quiet again – well as quiet as Swinley gets in daylight hours these days.

daftvader
    Free Member

I tend to get there at 7am on a sunday and its empty. But have to fight my way into Weymouth tomorrow for a 90th birthday. Not looking forward to the drive.

br
    Free Member

Swinley on a Saturday?

It’ll be empty Mate, its not like its in a busy part of the country full of Audi driving MTBers and aged parents with young children having their once weekly ‘family’ time…

daftvader
    Free Member

Ooo. I almost spotted the sarcasm br…. almost 😉
    And fwiw I dont own an audi or a 5 😀

Muke
    Free Member
    dashed
    Free Member

Should be quietening off by 4 – been a few Saturdays at that time and it should be fine… Albeit this is the hottest weekend of the year!

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers dashed thats what I hoped (shock and awe at a non ridiculous answer) 😀

JEngledow
    Free Member

So how was it then?

njee20
    Free Member

He’s still queuing for the car park.

daftvader
    Free Member

Got dragged out to do the weekly shop. Ffs. Made up for it with a load of homebrew and films whilst she baked cakes

Dickyboy

did the blue & red combo this afternoon started at 2pm, almost blinking deserted 🙂

smatkins1
    Free Member

I finished my ride at 4pm this Saturday. The car park had quietened down so there were plenty of spaces. Trail traffic wasn’t a problem. People at Swinley seem very good at getting out your way.

Dickyboy

rita meter maid was doing his rounds when we left, so do make sure you pay for your parking.

br
    Free Member

Got dragged out to do the weekly shop. Ffs

Why didn’t you just suggest you’d do it, and then do Swinley first?

I never have understood this family shopping lark, either I go or the Missus goes – and the one who’s left looks after the kids (when they were young).

daftvader
    Free Member

I don’t do the weekly shop on my own as I only get whats on the list not all the other stuff mrs vader fails to tell me we need…. glad its quiet round that time will try next week

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘swinley on Saturdays?’ is closed to new replies.