Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Swinley NYE ride
  • cinnamon_girl

A big thank you to forge197 for organising this! It was great to meet so many new faces accompanied inevitably by all sorts of niche bikes 🙂

Hope you all enjoyed the trails at Swinley – they were running so well. Cold? Nah, just pretty and white!

Look forward to meeting you all again at the Swinley Forum Ride on 10th January, I will start a separate thread.

psychle – drop me an e-mail if you want some Chilterns routes, I know the area pretty well.

forge197
    Free Member

My pleasure, good to see so many people willing to head out for the last ride of the year. I’ll post up some footage I took later today or tomorrow. Good to see such a range of bikes, Alfine to 29er to XC Ti awesome.

But the trails are in good health at the moment with the hard ground.

Look forward to doing it again on the 10th.

psychle
    Free Member

cheers everyone for the ride, was a really nice cruise around the forest and a good introduction to the delights of Swinley; now I have a second place to catch the train to from London for my offroad fix!

Hope to ride with ya’ll again soon.

Happy New Year! 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Was a good ride (apart from me hitting a tree which almost nobody saw). Good to meet everyone.

dobo
    Free Member

thanks to the guides who showed us round, and to everyone that was there that made it an enjoyable end of year ride…

not sure if anyone saw my over the bars incident either, miraculously i landed on my feet 🙂
    oh and i lost half my rear light, dont suppose anyone picked one up did they?, was a smart light.

daim

What an amazing last ride of the year?! Great weather, trails and people. I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to hook up with some of you again next time I am visiting the mother in law. If any of you find yourself up near Sherwood Pines please give me a shout. Great to meet you all, have a superb new year!
    daim

atlaz
    Free Member

Anyone who had a gps with them have any idea how far we rode? My usual loop is about 13 miles, just wondering how much the extra bits added.

daim

Mine says 17.1m but i forgot to turn it off so it includes the drive home to bracknell 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Just under 30km for me but that included riding there, cheeky bit of singletrack before meeting you guys and then some downhill fun after I left you then rode home! Also took the ‘scenic route’ to The Deer Stalker where funnily enough spotted 3 deer crossing the track on the way there. Twas pretty.

Happy New Year everyone 😀

forge197
    Free Member

Happy New Year

I’ve uploaded some footage from the STW NYE ride, best watched in High Quality, I am no video producer so they are unedited and full versions of what was recorded.

Swinley Twisty Bits
    One of the trails before the Labyrinth
    Daim through the Labyrinth
    Alpine Section
    Tank Traps
    More from the Labyrinth

giantjason
    Free Member

cg – whereabouts is the deer stalker trail?

Does anyone have a gps of the ride so i can follow the route to take in the best bits of Swinley as i never seem to find the new sections!!

cinnamon_girl

forge – it’s always interesting to see these videos, get a different perspective. The Labyrinth looks so cool 8)

giantjason – there’s so many good bits to Swinley. Come along on 10th January and be shown a selection. Hard to describe where The Deer Stalker is, it’s past The Wall and is a newish trail that was cut off The Labyrinth.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Swinley NYE ride’ is closed to new replies.