Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Swinley NYE ride
  • forge197
    Free Member

Daim and I will be around Swinley Forest on New Years Eve meeting at 9am and aiming to ride off at 9.15am for 2 – 3 hours. Anyone else up for it?

atlaz
    Free Member

Not replied to daim but yeah, should be up for embarassing myself as usual 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Need to changed this to 9.45am, so I’ll be there ready to ride a 9.45am and not 9.15!!

Sorry about that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cinnamon_girl

Hello! I’m up for this, as long as you don’t mind an old wuss tagging along 🙄 Where exactly are you meeting, outside the Visitor Centre? I promise not to bring the singlespeed!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

oooh, i might attend depending on whether i can get one of the bikes working or not.

cinnamon_girl

Meant to have said (or perhaps I shouldn’t) but the trails were running really well this weekend. It very nearly (again and again) ended in tears on The Deer Stalker, that top section was so bloomin’ fast!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Yep, it’s riding well at the mo, some real speed on the trails for a change this morning. As always, love to join you all but have to work. Have a good un!

lock
    Free Member

hi,i wouldnt mind joining in the fun,its always busy there so what shall i look out for,and were exactly u meeting

cinnamon_girl

Hopefully forge will see this post and suggest a meeting place.

What I really don’t want to have to do again is to ride around the car park asking random men if they are there for the STW Forum Ride 🙄 It was so embarrassing!!

forge197
    Free Member

Hi – let’s meet outside the Vistors Centre at 9.45 I will be on a Metallic Black Dialled Alpine (geared) but with Flats

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ll be on a red commencal hardtail and as I already know Daim, will probably be with him.

cinnamon_girl

OK, sounds good. I’ll be the old girl on a Ti, feeling a bit beaten up from riding the singlespeed there yesterday!!

forge197
    Free Member

Excellent see you there, atlaz can you let Daim know the time changed a little i’d over looked something I needed to do early doors hence the change!!

daim

I will be the chunky fella on a gold Giant Reign X. Meeting Atlaz at 9am (assuming he still wants to meet at that time) so will be going out for a quick pootle about and then back to the carpark for 9:45 to pick up forge197 and anyone else who fancies tagging along.

I hope nobody expects any speed from me as my bike is heavy, I have flat pedals on it and I feel like I have gained about 20 stone over the Christmas period. Looking forward to it anyway 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

9am still works for me.

daim

@atlaz – Top banana 🙂 See you at 9am. We can pick the others up later.

Weather looking gravy at the moment as well. I’m riding Sherwood Pines again (very early) tomorrow morning so off to bed now.

forge197
    Free Member

Daim – don’t think we will be doing any time trails it will be social pace 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Yep, still coming but may have to cut it short due to a little injury 🙁

Look forward to meeting you all in the morning!

daim

Phew! Social pace suits me 🙂 See you tomorrow morning!

daim

So apart from me, atlaz, forge197 and cinnamon_girl who else is confirmed? Oh and atlaz i have lost your mobile number 🙁

lock
    Free Member

cool ill b there on a blue ss

forge197
    Free Member

Yep still in, couple of others joining us too, possibly two or three. Cinnamon_girl I think one of them you may already know 😉

Mrs Forge will join us at the beginning it depends on the route and pace!!

See you at 9.45 at the visitors centre.

cinnamon_girl

Quite a crowd!

forge – do tell!

dobo
    Free Member

seeing as i got the day off and had a great ride there the other day, is it o.k. if i tag along? i’ll check back later as i have to pop out.

daim

Everyone is welcome dobo. The more the merrier i reckon. I am meeting atlaz at 9am everyone else is meeting at 9:45.

forge197
    Free Member

dobo – as daim says it’s open invite social ride, bit of sessioning maybe what ever flows. I’ll be there at 9.45

CG – you got mail….

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I won’t be making it i’m afraid – been feeling shite today so will go out on the road bike for a bit instead

may try and make the one on the 10th if it’s still happening?

auricgoldfinger

Was out this morning – trails were great, and the light was fantastic. Can’t join in tomorrow, but if there is another ride soon I’ll have a pedal up from Crowthorne. Have a good ride all.

dobo
    Free Member

cheers forge197/daim, i’ll be hovering around the carpark/visitor center at 9:45

cinnamon_girl

forge – ygm and please assure Mrs forge that I ride at a very gentle pace.

pk – bad luck and get well. 10th Jan is still happening, will be starting up another thread, so you gotta come!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

should be there for that. And fine really, just had a combo headache from caffeine withdrawal and christmas sugar overload so spent most of the day asleep on the sofa!

forge197
    Free Member

Maybe a bit late but if you are coming tomorrow then be worth getting a day permit online as the shop doesn’t open till 10am and it’s a requirement there was a cycle warden driving around today. You can buy online here.

Swinley Cycle Permit

atlaz
    Free Member

There was a warden? Wow. I don’t think I’ve seen one all year.

forge197
    Free Member

atlaz, was a bit weird though she was driving a silver daihatsu charade type car on the fire roads and it was funny seeing it come down the steep hill up the other side and straight though a massive puddle, didn’t stop to say anything just looked very out of place, think they’d give here a 4×4 !!

Only knew it was a warden as there was a sign in the front window.

cinnamon_girl

forge – not the Crown Estate ranger then? Or was she English Nature?

psychle
    Free Member

I’ll join you all for a ride, cheers 🙂 See you tomorrow in the car park, I’ll be in a giant 1car1 van!

I’ve just sorted out a half-year permit, obviously won’t have the permit band thingy, so hopefully they’ll take my word for it (if anyone actually asks!).

Cinnamon Girl, just emailed you my mobile number, just in case I get waylaid somewhere!

caio for now

psychle
    Free Member

then again, maybe not… can’t find your email address 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

pyshcie – take a print out of the paypal receipt.

CG – wasn’t the normal ranger in the green pickup, not really sure if Crown Estate or English Nature as she never spoke to use just saw her drive past. The board had the Swinley Forest Cycling logo on it

cinnamon_girl

cinnamon_girlATtiscaliDOTcoDOTuk

psychle
    Free Member

coolbies. have emailed you CG. see you tomorrow. night 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Swinley NYE ride’ is closed to new replies.