Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 157 total)
  • Swinley meetup 6th/7th Oct
  • weeksy

Right then, due to what i hope is popular demand here’s a shoutout for a

“yeah i can make it…” type thread….

I’m free all weekend so time and day is up to you guys.

akira

Possibly, need to get fit for Xmas gorrick round, swinley ideal training for that. Although ahvent checked my calendar yet.

jimdubleyou

Yup – Hopefully, I can make that.

Can probably do either day.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, Swinley is boring! Nice one Weeksy.

I shall endeavour to make any time* what is arranged on that weekend. Hoping to persuade the teenager** away from the Xbox too.

*no earlier than 10am start though! See **

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m elsewhere racing boats that weekend.  Although given that someones booked one of those horrible London concrete bowls for it a lap of the ginger seems quite appealing!

jaminb
    Free Member

I’m in

kelron
    Free Member

I’m in if it’s the 6th.

Kryton57

I could do Swinley on the 6th as well.

weeksy

Lets go with the 6th then… 10:30 so the teenager can get out of bed…

Meet at the 2 weird round things in front of the entrance. I’ll be on a sky blue T-130.

DezB
    Free Member

Saturday 6th! Not a massive sign up by the looks of it (maybe the “boring” thread put people off 🙁 )

Will invite my child along for his first STW meetup. He’ll probably go “Ugh”.

(See my thread history for why! 😆 ) (But, if he does come, please don’t let on that I have aired this in public!)

weeksy

Early days yet mate. My lad is away so at least we won’t be getting destroyed by the lightweight 10 year old on the little hills 🙂

We’re always nice, don’t worry about that 🙂

jimdubleyou

I’ll be the duffer at the back on the black & red Canyon.

Probably coming on the train that arrives 1017 – so might be a smidge late.

weeksy

We’ll wait Jim 🙂 Don’t worry 🙂

gilesmartin81

I am up for either day, happy to show round some of the non marked enduro stages if people like?

jimdubleyou

I am up for either day, happy to show round some of the non marked enduro stages if people like?

On a weekend? What will the ranger say :O

kilo

Mrs Kilo is on for this,,she may even let me ride as well (might be on a cx Bike if I don’t fix my bloody brakes)

senorj

Sadly ,I’ll have to miss it because I’ll be at Brechfa& Afan. Woop.

have fun. 😋

theotherjonv

I’m a maybe…….

weeksy

Get it sorted Jon, you’re one of the guides along with Giles 🙂

theotherjonv

I see Rob Warner went there this weekend. Oddly, by all accounts he didn’t think it was shit and had a good day.

Kryton57

lightweight 10 year old on the little hills

*is relieved*

weeksy

Me too mate, I’ve got maybe 2 years left on the uphlills before he destroys me.

DezB
    Free Member

I see Rob Warner went there this weekend. Oddly, by all accounts he didn’t think it was shit and had a good day.

What does he know about how to have fun riding bikes eh? 😀

razorrazoo

I made the last one, but have to give this one a miss as the Mrs is away and I have daddy day care.  I just hope the weather is better than previously.

DezB
    Free Member

No excuse! Trailer/trailerbike obvs!

crosshair
    Free Member

6th is free at the mo 👍🏻👍🏻

razorrazoo

DezB I wish I was at a point where I could bring the kids but I’m nowhere near that state, shame as I could re-unite Weeksy with his kid’s old Cube which now belongs to my eldest.

I’m also ‘reasonably’ fit (for me) after a summer of evening road rides preparing for the L2B (road) earlier this month, and could have joined in with the ‘show your favourite off-piste’ game (some nice loamy short but steeps).  Maybe next time.

Kryton57

I’m also ‘reasonably’ fit

Thats it I’m not coming. I’m not riding with “reasonably fit” people, which is usually a disguise for “I’m an Elite level racer .3s short of the podium.

*throws toys out of pram*

razorrazoo

Thats it I’m not coming. I’m not riding with “reasonably fit” people, which is usually a disguise for “I’m an Elite level racer .3s short of the podium.

*throws toys out of pram*

Firstly, I can’t make it.  Secondly, I really do mean the ‘for me’ part, but at least it makes me feel that I wouldn’t be wheezing at the back (maybe), though I am reasonably quickish on the down bits (I ride a gnarpoon #enduro bike, not a carbon 29 HT) – anyhow I refer back to my first point.

*places toys gently back into pram*

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Good job I can’t make it then, I did my local loop for the first time in a while and got PB’s on 20 out of 23 STRAVA  segments! I’m feeling* fast!

*not actually fast, it’s a fairly flat route and I was on my commuter which has much higher gearing than my fat bike!

root-n-5th
    Free Member

I can only make the 7th. Would have been great to meet up again.

nathb
    Free Member

@weeksy – if I’ve got a mtb by then I can be there on the 6th!

I’ll be turning up with a little bit of fitness and 0 skill.

I’ll be okay with road pedals & shoes, right??

molgrips
    Free Member

Do any of you lot have a competitive streak?  Could get messy… 🙂

Kryton57

Do any of you lot have a competitive streak?

Nope.  I haven’t raced for ooh,  erm let me see….  at least 2 weeks now 😀

Are you going molgrips?  I might strangely be looking forward to meeting you, based on my perception via your STW personality of course, hopefully you won’t be a let down 😉

weeksy

Do any of you lot have a competitive streak?

Yes, about the size of Texas…. However, right time and right place 🙂

Last time i spent a few goes off the front with Magneto Dog, then some sections sitting at the back with a guy who wasn’t quite on the pace… I enjoyed both sets of it just as much.

I can safely say, no-one will be made unwelcome, no-one will be asked to do things they don’t want to and no-one will ride alone.

weeksy

I’ll be okay with road pedals & shoes, right??

I don’t know, will you ? 🙂

There’s no attire of footwear that’s better or worse, just whatever suits 🙂 There won’t be any hiking going on put it that way.

Kryton57

Last time i spent a few goes off the front

Thats what you think, you’ll be at least 3rd in line and behind Molgrips… 😉 😀

kelron
    Free Member

I’ve never ridden with a group before so chances are I’ll either be the one weeksy takes pity on at the back or I’ll reveal my secret talent and be faster than the racers. Probably the former judging by Strava.

weeksy

Lol there’s no pity, but we may talk you into the drop of doom!

Kryton57

On a serious note, how many laps?  At least two right?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘Swinley meetup 6th/7th Oct’ is closed to new replies.