Swinley Map – the new blue & red

Home Forum Bike Forum Swinley Map – the new blue & red

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swinley Map – the new blue & red
  • titusrider

Its pretty tough to miss, after post 10 its obvious on ur left

gribble

Thanks titus, will look out after marker 10.

Premier Icon teamhurtmore
    Subscriber

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1kxZn3LhAacd0qAxCz-OJfweP16zClpJ6FF8R7eap-XZeVKCnhkgSEl2mGNd6/preview?pli=1

Hope that works.. If not just google it. This is from ride swinley. From my experience, the bits to watch out for first time are the first left turn along a forest road on the blue and the dull bit on the red between 3-5 I think. Otherwise hard to get lost IMO.

Enjoy it!

Premier Icon teamhurtmore
    Subscriber

There is another thread on here’s somewhere with post markers and names as well.

Premier Icon shortcut
    Subscriber

Red starts at the most distant part of the blue ie the end of “Stickler” which is a 7 ish minute flat singletrack trail that has a bridge in it (with hand rail) and lots of berms and dips. You will know it when you see it.

Turn left at the end and the red is really obvious.

gribble

Hi,

I have looked, but can’t seem to find a good map of the new blue & red at Swinley. Just asking as I heard the red is very easy to miss, appreciate the blue is well signposted.

Going tonight and would like to link up both.

gribble

Shortcut – many thanks. I remember this bit from riding the blue before.

Not sure how Swinley does it, (maybe the forest pixies), but I often used to get lost when riding the trails pre-changes. Good fun though, so much to look out for and in the end it was pretty easy to follow your nose back to the lookout, although I often wondered what trails I had missed on the way back when riding fire road.

If you’re feeling energetic it’s possible to use a lot of the old stuff to link up the new stuff missing the boring fire road bits. But probably best doing a lap first so you know where the sections go. It’s nearly impossible to get lost or miss a marker.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Map – the new blue & red’ is closed to new replies.