Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 449 total)
  • Swinley Forest Forum Ride – 10th January 2009
  • Reluctant
    Free Member

Since there’s in excess of a hundred people turning up for this ride, someone’s bound to forget something or have a mechanical. Therefore I think it’s best if I tell you about Bracknell Cycles, which will be open all day should you need anything – just 2 miles away down the A322. Yes, you can borrow any tools you need, or a pump, and yes, I’ve got loads of spares in stock, tubes, mechs and disc pads should anyone run out. There may even be tea, if I’m not too busy. I’m there all day, hence I can’t make the ride, so say hi to the trails from me. Cheers, Giler. 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Reluctant – I will bring some Sloe Gin for you 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

that’s if there’s any left after you’ve filled up my camelbak! 😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

Thanks WCA! Aleigh, is it a 3 litre Camel? If you’re too drunk to drive home there’s always cardboard boxes at the back of the shop! 😕

aleigh
    Free Member

It is actually! Thanks for the kind offer – do you have any bubble wrap that I could use for a pillow?! 😆

mboy
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

if you’re that close you can pop in for a cuppa! 😆

Just the other side of Cheltenham.

The question is do you make a good enough cuppa? 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

Of course I do……after all I am a woman 😉

mboy
    Free Member

After all you’re a woman?

Honestly, you’d be surprised. Have heard stories of mugs full of cold water with a tea bag in being microwaved by some women! One ex GF of mine was so inept in the kitchen, the only thing she knew how to cook for herself was Cheese on Toast!

aleigh
    Free Member

Well I can safely say I can make a good cuppa with a tea bag along with hot water (from a kettle!) OR from a teapot. 😀 I can also make a mean coffee although when I have one it usually gives me a bit of a buzz……..which I guess means it’s too strong – oh well, I like it! 😆

rOcKeTdOg

i luv cheese on toast, number of your ex please mboy?

mboy
    Free Member

rocketdog, you’re welcome to her mate! Though in fairness, I wouldn’t wish her on my worst enemy. Madder than a box of frogs!

rOcKeTdOg

i love frogs………er

mboy
    Free Member

Back on topic

Aleigh, what’s your email address? I’ve spoken to Cinnamon Girl via email about the ride, I’d like to come, it’s just a question of finding any mates to come along too really. Unless you know other people in my area that might be going that I could catch a lift with.

aleigh
    Free Member

My email address is in my profile. If it doesn’t work or you can’t see it I’ll post it on here. 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Is there anybody going who’ll be driving down A316? It’d be nicer to fetch a lift than a train from Feltham.

beaker

I’ll be there as well, looking forward to stretching my legs.

aleigh
    Free Member

Hey beaker! Looking forward to seeing you again!

cinnamon_girl

Hi beaker, hope you can stay for the whole day this time! There’s some great trails to ride.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is there any chance of a pub-stop afterwards, for those that want to? Nothing like a nice pint, after a good ride.

aleigh
    Free Member

sounds like a plan 😀

cinnamon_girl

Hip flask and cake for me!

To be honest Rudeboy I wouldn’t know where to suggest that mtb’ers would be welcome.

Anyone know if The Golden Retriever on Nine Mile Ride is welcoming?

cinnamon_girl

Reluctant – meant to have said, thanks very much for your kind offer.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hhm, well I’ve been to a place in I think it’s Windlesham, but what we want is somewhere where we can sit in the warm! It seemed friendly enough, and has a little car park next to it, and we saw Zammo out of Grange Hill in there.

Can’t say more than that, really. You can buy food there I think. I know you can get crisps.

db

Assuming work doesn’t muck things up I’m up for a ride. I will be staying @ Basingstoke Canal Centre (camping) on the Friday night. If anyone else is camping or in the area and fancies a pint do shout!

Cheers db

Reluctant
    Free Member

Check the Old Manor in Bracknell. Not too far, large outside heated seating, car park on site. It’s a Weatherspoons so food and drink are both cheap as chips.

aleigh
    Free Member

would they be able to cope with a convoy of cars/bikes?! 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Whetherspoons? It’s not full of cheapos and old winos, is it?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

‘Cheapos’- sorry, I meant students!

cinnamon_girl

Just to put a spanner in the works, I’m not prepared to leave my bike in the car if we’re sitting inside. My bike and I are inseperable!!

bikey
    Free Member

Can I just ask, apart from Cinnamon-girl and Aleigh are any other women turning up for this ride? There seems to be an awfull lot of flirting and banter going on between CG/AL and just about every other male going on this ride. Was it all a cunning plan to end up being 2 roses between potentually 100 thorns? Are you both single by any chance?

Matt

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Heh! What do you think???

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Anyway, I think CG is engaged, no?

Reluctant
    Free Member

Car park is visible from the outdoor seating area – but you’re damn right CG, you shouldn’t leave a bike unattended, specially not in Spacknell. It’s not what I’d call a nice pub, but I think it’s big enough to squeeze in a few dozen turning up en mass. So might be appropriate for what you need. There’s a website with pub reviews on somewhere, can’t remember what it’s called – might be worth checking out the Manor and maybe see what else is in the area.
    Oh, full of winos? I dunno, can’t say I mingle with people round here much – them’s far too wierd.

Taff
    Free Member

Only just found out about this STW orgy. How many people are actually thinking of going in total – about a couple of dozen? In the second part f the day are you just staying out as long as the light last or are you gearing up for some light and motion action?

cinnamon_girl

bikey – yes, there is a lot of banter going on but Aleigh and I do know quite a lot of the folk on here so we are just mucking around!

There are definitely other ladies coming on the ride. This is not sponsored by http://www.fitness-singles.com or anyone else. It can be pretty hard when you’re a bike riding lady and there’s only so many ladies that we can ride with. We are in the minority.

I’m pretty much an old cynic but I can honestly say that over the years I have met and ridden with so many really nice folk who have just accepted me for what I am and see beyond the grey hair and wrinkles 😯

If blokes want to use the ride as a way of meeting other blokes/ladies and ladies want to meet other ladies/blokes, that’s fine by me. At the end of the day we’re doing this cos we like riding bikes.

Any questions? 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

When the suggestion of meeting up at Swinley first went out late last year there were a few ladies coming along – whether that’s the case now I don’t know. C_G may have a better idea.

Anyway, this is about a group of like minded people having a laugh isn’t it? And for the record, I am single and happy with that – I’ve had enough trauma from you men to last me a life time 😉 😆

Moses

I hope to come along again, too.
    Does anyone from Bristol want to share a lift?

C_G & Aleigh, thanks for organising it all.
    Moses

mboy
    Free Member

And for the record, I am single and happy with that – I’ve had enough trauma from you men to last me a life time 😉 😆

Dear oh dear oh dear, I’ll get my miniature violin out, and play a tune just for you. Show me a man that hasn’t had enough trauma off women to last a lifetime, and i’ll show you a liar! hehehe

FWIW, I think the girlies have organised the ride cos they don’t like fixing their own punctures. They figured if 100 Chivalrous men turn up, any puncture will be greeted by a queue of said gentlemen with pump in one hand, spare tube in the other, ready to fix that flat in no time 😉

(Tongue VERY firmly in cheek by the way, before anybody says anything!)

aleigh
    Free Member

Shucks – I’ve been caught out! 😆

cinnamon_girl

Hi Moses – we’ll have some different trails for you this time!

mboy – thank you for lightening the thread! I needed a laugh! Just don’t mention “Bontrager Mud” tyres – I had such a problem with getting the tyre on that I was forced to post on here 😳 Fortunately I wasn’t having a bimbo moment cos other people said they had the same problem with DT rims!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 449 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest Forum Ride – 10th January 2009’ is closed to new replies.