Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 449 total)
  • Swinley Forest Forum Ride – 10th January 2009
  • Strangelove
    Free Member

Hi
    Another first time poster here (waves hello).
    I bought myself a very nice bike in order to enjoy the outdoors and get fit, however it has been pointed out to me that I actually have to get out and ride. With that in mind I would like to join you on the ride if there is room for a wheezing bloke at the back.
    I like the idea of ‘gently’ easing into good habits and the ‘social’ pace appeals

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Another first time poster here (waves hello).

*waves back*

aleigh
    Free Member

you’ll never be at the back as i normally end up there!

XC_PK
    Free Member

With enough notice I could be up for a SFFR Part II. This is the same date and time as the Chieveley Leg og the Evans Ride It series so a few may be up there. Out of interest anyone from round near Newbury?

aleigh
    Free Member

i’m swindon way

fu_manchu
    Free Member

XC_PK I’m Burghfield so not a million miles away, my cycle club is Newbury.

nickc

Mostly I reckon. Too many, I might not though, done my fair share of humongous rides.

XC_PK
    Free Member

Nice to know I am not here all on my own! You two mainly ride XC? Im a bit of a wimp when it comes to jumpy stuff!

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, 86 posts!!

nicko74 – yes, well spotted. From experience, I know that blokes talk a lot, faff a lot and fettle a lot. You don’t really want me to act as the Faff Police do you? 😉

WCA – this is not good news, anything to do with your newest niche two-wheeled object? Seriously, do hope it gets better soon as, after all, the BigBikeBash needs its organisor. Do you want to post the flyers to me? Send me an e-mail and I’ll give you my address.

Soma_Rich – sorry to hear you can’t make it but hope your big wheels enjoy the Plain tomorrow.

Dr.P – will we see you? Conditions are great at the moment, much better than at the Mulled Wine Ride!!

Welcome Strangelove, this is definitely the ride for you! We are expecting a few wheezers with New Year resolutions so come aboard!

Gus – will you honour us with an appearance?

XC_PK – this is the ride to do, much more fun than those others. Who wants to race when you can behave badly and have a lot of laughs?

pants
    Free Member

Hagh Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cinnamon_girl

Waves to pants 😀

Look forward to seeing you again Cap’n!

aleigh
    Free Member

i normally gatecrash rides 😆

shteve
    Free Member

do you know how many to expect on saturday? sounds like an epic turnout by the sounds of it!

aleigh
    Free Member

i’ll let c_g answer that – she’s been getting loads of emails!

unlike me *walks away sobbing* 😥

cinnamon_girl

shteve – from past experience, you can never tell with these things. The conditions are so good at the moment so gotta make the most of them!

shteve
    Free Member

yeah even the riding up north is good at the moment, looking forward to trying some new trails for once.

rOcKeTdOg

i’m not now coming, due to facebook bullying! 😡

aleigh
    Free Member

yay – i was right!

cinnamon_girl

RD – you better get yourself and your bike down to Swinley next Saturday. Auntie C-G will look after you … especially if you’re wearing velvet … leopard print … skinsuit, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

peteimpreza

100 8)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Check out the FREE SLOE GIN offer on the Hip Flask thread!!!!

aleigh
    Free Member

can you supply me some next week for my camelbak?! 😉

cinnamon_girl

Way to go Aleigh!

tankslapper
    Free Member

But it’s so far away from Wales and I’m Irish!

aleigh
    Free Member

where are you in wales?

cinnamon_girl

tankslapper – Quality riding with quality people 😀 Make a weekend of it!

cinnamon_girl

Hey aleigh – tankslapper invited us to Wales didn’t he? On the borders IIRC.

aleigh
    Free Member

oh yeah

*whispers* i don’t know wales very well, is he cardiff/swansea way?!

cinnamon_girl

Nah, further north I reckon

aleigh
    Free Member

well it will be a bit of a drive then i reckon

cinnamon_girl

Think it’s mid-Wales, Montgomery possibly? Lovely scenery though, and stone circles, and mountains, and rain.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I would really like to come to keep the weezy slow people company, but I don’t want to jinx it as I have had to pull out before due to illness. However I have been feeling much better and may even try a commute to work next week.

cinnamon_girl

curtis – see how you go. An option is always to ride one session, ie the morning, which will be a couple of hours then we return to the Cafe. So you’re never far away to bail out if needs be. It’s not a race!

The good thing is that there will be some locals riding so you can always be directed back to the centre, it’s not a huge forest.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Can’t wait! I am off the meds and my cough has almost stopped. I am gonna cancel my rugby next week as well, as this sounds much better!
    Now just have to decide what to put in the hip flask.

mboy
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

i’ll let c_g answer that – she’s been getting loads of emails!

unlike me *walks away sobbing* 😥

That’s cos she posted her email address up!

Stick your email address up and I’ll bother you some if you so desire 😉

Oooooh, and you live in Swindon, not that far from me!

aleigh
    Free Member

if you’re that close you can pop in for a cuppa! 😆

DrP

C-G; Afraid i won’t be able to make it 🙁

I’ve got tonnes of work to do for an exam a week later, and if my practice papers are anything to go by, I need the work more than a ride!

Once jan’s over though, I’ll get a ‘dirty Dorset weekend’ on the go!

DrP

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hi DrP – sorry about yesterdays ride. Hopefully in the warmer weather etc…

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ll do my best to turn up. If my lungs stop hurting and producing green gelly men 😉

BTW I’ve been off the bike for 5 weeks now, will it kill me?

aleigh
    Free Member

not at all – i didn’t go out on mine for a good month until a week or so ago and i did better than normal 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 449 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Forest Forum Ride – 10th January 2009’ is closed to new replies.