Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • swinley conditions?
  • iamroughrider
    Free Member

Worth going at the moment? Thanks.

anjs
    Free Member

Well there was a fire there yesterday

tonyd

Rode the red last weekend and it was mostly open, diversion after lower star post but I think that was about it. Oh, and the top of Labyrinth I think was closed too.

We didn’t have time to ride the blue too but I think that’s all open.

All in all it was mostly dry so I’d say it’s worth a trip if you’re not coming too far.

Anyone know more about the fire?

Edit: Link. 2 miles south of the Lookout must surely be around the TV transmitter so well away from the trails? Someone on the Old Dean had the BBQ out early? 🙂

theotherjonv

http://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/bracknell/articles/2014/03/20/98731-firefighters-attend-bush-fire-the-size-of-six-football-pitches-/

I read somewhere that there are works ongoing to remove scrub and they were burning that, so maybe that got out of control?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just went there this morning and it’s not too bad.

Stickler, Tank Traps, parts of Seagull and Deerstalker are all closed for maintenance but the rest of the trails are open and running pretty well.
    The fire roads are fairly dry with the odd puddle here and there but nothing much to worry about.

sheepdip71
    Free Member

Went on Tuesday & quite a bit open & was nice dry running…… really nice finishing without being soaked through.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

thanks everyone, really appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘swinley conditions?’ is closed to new replies.