Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Swinley Blue – how old are you
  • soobalias
    Free Member

what ages are your kids riding swinley blue?
    are they bike fit?
    how long does it take and/or are there any obvious easy shortcuts back?

bikes/bikes, kids/chat… sorry if i picked the wrong one.

anagallis_arvensis

My boy did it at 6.

weeksy

6 here, but he was xc racing at the time. I’d say a couple of climbs are beyond non cycle types. But you can avoid them or even push/walk it.

kimbers

6 & 8 years old

Take a picnic and make it half a day, that way you can practice some of the bigger steep berms which my youngest was intimidated by

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Trail Map

Look at the attached map, you can see that the blue route crosses the main fire road tracks multiple times, as such it is super easy to bail at any point and head back to the main centre.

Because of this, dont worry about what other peoples kids have done and at what age, just rock up and go for a ride, if they find it too hard bail out on to the fire road for a ride.

most obvious “cheat” is at the end of blue 5 (i think) is go straight on instead of left, cuts out a bit of singletrack, but it also cuts out a short steep grunty climb. it is not hhard or long, but for my youngsters they came off a downhill, wrong gear, then failed… missing it kept the flow and the next time they were much more confident.

hatter

6 again, 20″ wheel. Decent tyres and brakes help their confidence no end.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Swinley Blue – how old are you’ is closed to new replies.