Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swinging both ways
  • Cheezpleez

Just been out on my C456 after a few rides on the (29er) Buzzard. It was great – felt like a BMX, really nippy. A new steep, slow, nadgery tech section that was tricky on the Buzzard felt peasy (admittedly, partly due to narrower bars on the 456).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying one’s better than the other. Actually, what I’m saying is it’s great to have both and be able to swap between them. They both have strengths and riding one then the other helps you to appreciate both of them.

God, I’m a lucky sod.

Three cheers for great bikes (and, yes, a choice of wheel sizes)!

fadda

I have a remarkably similar choice between a c456 and a cube stereo 29er.

I sometimes struggle to choose which one to take.

Nice to be so lucky, innit!

mattjg
    Free Member

@cheez I hear top riders swear by 650b on a C456.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

C456 and spicy 516 here.

love the choice!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Only have room for 1 bike here – wonder if I should ditch the c456 for a 29er?

Junkyard
    Free Member

do you like marketing hype and do you want to ride a barn gate that will roll over everything but wont turn very easily?
    If yes get a 29 er and be the envy of all your friends

mattjg
    Free Member

Lol ^^. James absolutely. Look for short chainstays if you want agility.

big_scot_nanny

Got my Mega set up as less of a DH sledge and more AM, and it is a hoot to ride. Stiff, direct, sharp, flickable.

Very different to the Ventana El Cap, which is a big barge. although for miles and miles and smoothing out stutters and bumps, the big wheeler really can’t be beat.

Cross bike is super direct and fun, but really is alarmingly terrifying on anything remotely technical!

Ain’t bikes fantastic! Brilliaaaaaaaaaaaaaant! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swinging both ways’ is closed to new replies.